• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Small VPS Sponsorship

Logan1999

Hey guys, I'm working on a little project, but I need a small vps for it. I'm working on a few scripts that involve ffmpeg and just wanted a platform to test on. I know, ffmpeg is kinda resource hungry, but I only need a low end vps, I really don't care how long encoding takes, it just needs to work.

Specs I want (can be lower, I don't care):
5GB of space
10GB of bandwidth
128mb of ram
Even 333mhz processor will be fine

I'll use this vps mainly for messing with ffmpeg because I've kinda gotten addicted to it, and I want to see really how powerful it is. I might use it for a few websites (hosted elsewhere) but they won't be sites that are like youtube downloaders or stuff like that, so nothing resource hungry. I'd also probably use the vps for just exploring the power of linux, I've messed around with it on some old pcs I have but my ISP blocks ports so I wanted something that port 80 would actually work on as a server. I don't know how reasonable this request it, shun me if you will, I'm just hoping I could get something to use as a test platform. Thank you.

You need to make at least 35 forum posts/threads before you are allowed to apply for a free VPS. The VPSes will be given to the people with the highest reputation and the biggest quality post amount.

Linux 1
128Mb Dedicated Ram/Memory
256Mb Virtual/Swap
15Gb Hard drive
150Gb Monthly bandwidth
1 IP
100 MBPS line
Requirements:Link back to Post2Host.eu and write a review.
Requirements to keep it active: 25 posts/mo

http://www.post2host.eu :D

Could you create a custom 1 time plan? Perhaps 5GB HD with ~20GB of bandwidth for 500 posts or something? Cause I can do that 1 time probably, but time is an issue.

To others:
I'm still looking for offers, HinsmartInc is not yet confirmed, and I'm not really able to do sander k's current offer, so I'm still open. I don't need control panels or even a pre-installed os. I'd just end up installing Debian myself. Whoever can sponsor me will get a good review for their site, and on every site I have that uses the vps in some way/form will say "Backend powered by a VPS from COMPANY-NAME-HERE" or something like that. Thank you.

Could you create a custom 1 time plan? Perhaps 5GB HD with ~20GB of bandwidth for 500 posts or something? Cause I can do that 1 time probably, but time is an issue.

To others:
I'm still looking for offers, HinsmartInc is not yet confirmed, and I'm not really able to do sander k's current offer, so I'm still open. I don't need control panels or even a pre-installed os. I'd just end up installing Debian myself. Whoever can sponsor me will get a good review for their site, and on every site I have that uses the vps in some way/form will say "Backend powered by a VPS from COMPANY-NAME-HERE" or something like that. Thank you.

No offense, but the offer that sander offered is already a very good deal, as it is not possible that anyone will be willing to give away a VPS for just asking for posting in their forum.
The monthly posting, is actually to make sure that the VPS user is still in need of that VPS, therefore, it is easier for the admins to know which VPS is not used anymore and can close it down and offer it to someone else.

Wow, look what HinsmartInc pmed me.

Hello,

I am sorry. We couldn't give it to you as a decision made by my head.

Regards,
Rollings, Andy

I might go with sander's offer, but I need to get time. So anyway, thanks all!

(Side note: You know, I wouldn't mind a shared server with ffmpeg, but a vps would make it a bit easier for me.)

LOL!
I am sorry. We couldn't give it to you as a decision made by my head.
He made the offer publicly, and give this stupid excuse as an excuse to retract the offer?
If he say he changed his mind, then it will be still acceptable, but he is saying his head and his hand are disagreeing with each other!?
WTF!?

Haha, so hilarious!!
Sorry for misconstruing you guys!!
It is not my own decision whether selling it or not...I am just a representative saying it :)
They made two choices, renting/selling the VPS or give it for free or charity; and they chose the former one.

Also as a note, we do not sell vps...and hence that's why it is so hard for us to make a choice.

**Through the PM discussion, no promise is made yet. Therefore, we still reserves the final right to alter any decisions.

Hello,

So this is how this works. Yes, you are right that we don't offer VPS hosting services. However, we have a VPS left (I am not in charge of these, don't know the detail)...so we had two choices, either give it for charity or free whatsoever, or sell/rent it!!

Sure, makes perfect sense. You don't run VPS servers, but just happen to have an extra VPS laying around somewhere. I get it now. :rolleyes2

Lol, this is funny.

But seriously, does anyone have a vps?
Heck, I'll settle for 233mhz, is it too much to ask? :p
Also, exactly where did you get the vps that is just "laying around".

Back