• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Small site - group blog hosting.

Ekpyrotic

Hi and thanks for reading, :)

I'm looking for free hosting with no ads (I'm not looking for a response from some witty server owner saying: 'ZOMG! whats he on about NO ADZ! ROLFCOPTER') I'll obviously have a 'Hosted by: ... ' link even if it's not compulsory. Also I can post to my heart's content so I can 'Post 4 Host' if need be.

Disk Space: Probally around 50 mb
Bandwidth: Start at around 1g and increase if/when needed
Languages:

(1) PHP is a must. 4.3 is neccesary, 5+ would be nice.
(2) PERL is a plus, but I probally won't get around to using it.

Database: MySQL. 3 or 4 of them would be nice but that's probally asking too much.
Interface: CPanel

Extras: Fantastico would be a lovely asset - and would save me a lot of time.

I would like the hosting company to have a nice community base - in otherwords a moderated forum. Also I'd love for there to be a 'site screening' so that the hosting site doesn't just accept anyone - I think a good hosting site only hosts worthwhile sites (I hope mine passes hehe). :)

What my site will be

I will be hosting a serious, professional group atheist/agnostic blog - which publicizes articles that are linked into freethinking. It will be updated daily - publicised, and hopefully look polished.

Me and the co-bloggers will be talking about religion - sometimes maybe in a negative tone so if that's a breach of your TOS I understand and thank you for reading.

I have a .com domain ready to roll, and already have a small newsletter which will grab me some instant visitors. Also expect for the site to go through a 'Coming Soon' period for a few weeks.

Thanks for reading, :)

Ekpyrotic.

Also don't PM me, under the impression that it will make me feel special.

Last edited:
I am very interesting in your site concept. I can offer you custom hosting without ads and with only a small text credit. This is a one-off offer.

I can provide your basic requirements and I am able to expand them when necessary. We have been operating since early January, so we aren't flash in the pan.

Check out Blackcurrant Hosting for background info, but contact me individually if you want to proceed at robert@blackcurranthost.co.uk

We offer PHP5, cPanel with Fantastico and a whole lot more. We do have a community forum with 3,641 posts at the moment, although it is forever increasing.

Thank both of you for your swift kind responses, however I would rather host with Blackcurrant because Alastair your hosting company seems to be down and your reply needs the grammar touched up if you don't mind me saying.

I might accept your kind offer Blackcurrant - but I just want to wait an hour or so so see if anymore replies roll in.

Thanks,

Ekpyrotic

we will give
50mb space(more if needed)
6gig bawith
unlimeted others
eg msql,ftp,parked domain,

plus latest versions of everything
and cpanle and fantasio

Also don't PM me

To date I've had 3 PMs - so I'd thought I'd add another condition:

+ A server owner that can read. :p

Also I THINK I've now found a host, but if you still post in this thread with a nice offer and a nice company site to accompany it then I might be switched to hosting with you.

Furthermore, ardnat you forgot to leave the url of your hosting site. Also you forgot a few capital letters. *sigh* :)

-Ek

Back