• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

slowdown at brinkster?

noeska

Is anyone experiencing extreme slowdowns at their sites hosted with brinkster? They upgraded (or downgraded) their servers and now (at least) my site is crawlingly slow. For now i go see if i can opimize my site some more for more speed or should i go looking for an other host.

Brinkster must have the "Crosswinds disease." The exact same thing happened to my site back when it was on Crosswinds (the last three days before I moved it to Nbci). Your best bet is that they're intentionally throttling download speeds to save money on bandwidth (probably as a result of the big dot-com crash). That's why it is a good idea to try to host with one of the "big brother" FWP's (Yahoo!Geocities, LycosAngelfire, LycosTripod, Fortunecity, Nbci), because they're already so rich up to their ears that they'll never have a need to throttle bandwidth (or subject you to a pop-up farm on their error 404 pages).

No I've a good opinion of brinkster. Their server is quite fast, the only downside is that it uses browser uploading instead of ftp.

Probably a user running a bad asp script at the point of time.

Back