• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sliding Parts of Webpage

r u talking about the little side menu thing? Thats java script. All its doing is hidding and revieling images and links. Dont ask me how you'd go about doing that, I aint that good at Java.

Well if its that little thing, just look up Rollovers on a search engine. All it is is a bunch of onMouseOver. Like, when the mouse is over no part, then it changes the image src to a blank image, when it's over something else, it changes the src to "description.gif" or something...

I didn't look at the code, but if I were faced with the task to do that, I would do it with rollovers. As for the getting the mouse and clicking andsliding it upwards etc. then I have no clue. Is it a Java Applet :confused:

If you click on a link to load a different section of the site, the different parts of the page slide into place. Thats what I want to try to incorporate into my site.

Might be just an IE6 thing then.

What is does though is the following:

Suppose I have a page with a header, left navigation bar and content section. When the page loads, the header slides in from the top, the navigation slides in from the left and to complete the page, the content section slides in from the right. How ould I go about doing that (without flash)?

Last edited:
They don't. :p I've checked.

I've been thinking though - they are some scripts that allow you to automatically move an image across the screen. Would that work with HTML tables and such?

Go through the js files used for those pages at youngpup. If the effect is there it's bound to be in there. Check his sliding menus btw. Could it be some variant of that? But then again I see those. :confused2

If you stopped trying to rip off their source code and maybe looked at the scripts they offer free you might find that they offer the exact script in both JS and CSS

Huh? Perhaps you should read before you jump at conclusions. Ripping scripts of youngpup - that's a laugh! :p

Originally posted by spec
If you stopped trying to rip off their source code and maybe looked at the scripts they offer free you might find that they offer the exact script in both JS and CSS

May I ask where? The only thing I can find close to it is the Chaser script and that would not work consider my page would not be scrollable (the page would follow the screen).

The sliding menus? But I see all his stuff in all my 5+ browsers.

Are you sure you aren't on a really slow connection and the page loads silly slow? I can't figure what would work in IE6 and not in Moz. :confused:

[lhomme] - can you give the URL to a specific page where this happens? I must see this.

Last edited:
I'm on a fast cable connection and the page is too smooth to be loading slowely. I've tried it out on IE5 (fresh format of 2000 yesterday) and a different page loads. Can you try it out on IE6?

The site is a frameset so I can't give specific URLS but it happens everytime you visit another section of his page.

I don't have IE6 (for obvious reasons - damn' BG!) but I was thinking I could check it on another machine when I get the chance. I would like to see this.

This explains it partly. I think he is rebuilding the page. He had some personal mumbo jumbo there a while.

Back