• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

slackware help

is0lized

See Below
im trying install slackware, im using bare.i kernal and it wont get past keyboard layout, it just feezes

AMD 850Mhz
256Ram
Maxton 20GB HD (brand new)

when i switch back over to my other hard drive ill try that kernal, if it was a corrupt file, would it be form the iso?

i could be from the iso or a burning error. Always check the MD5 checksums before burning so you don't waste a cd.

MD5 Sums are 32 byte character strings that are the result of running the MD5 sum program against a particular file. Since any difference between two files results in two different strings, MD5's can be used to determine that the file or iso you downloaded is a bit-for-bit copy of the remote file or iso.

If you are running one of the GNU/Linux distributions, you should already have the MD5 program installed. If you run Windows and don't have the program, you can download a dos shell version here or a Windows version here . The Windows version can be downloaded in .zip or .exe format, and installed in the usual manner. The DOS version file is the executable program file. Once downloaded, copy or move it to your c:\windows\command directory. Then, open up an MS-DOS window, and go to the directory of the downloaded iso file that you wish to check. Once you are in that directory,

type the following: md5sum the_name_of_the.iso

If you have a problem with the DOS 8.3 file name limit, just rename the .iso file to an 8.3 name similar to the original file name. Once the program has run, and it will take a few minutes to run on a 640 megabyte file, a 32 digit md5sum will be generated. This sum should be exactly the same as the listed md5 sum for the specific iso you downloaded. If the sums are different, then your downloaded iso is not an exact copy, and will have to be downloaded again. It's a bother, but it happens. Better to know before you waste time and energy trying to install something that is never going to install. On occasion I do make mistakes posting MD5 Sums. If you have a question about the posted MD5Sum, email me.

Back