• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

sitespun.com

bitcerf

Free webhosting for the masses!

- 50 mb storage quota
- Perl / PHP Support
- yourname.sitespun.com
- Personalized FTP (24/7) for management
- Unlimited hits / traffic

Check it out and let everyone know what you think!

Register for an account today!

Last edited:
Is there anyway you can add 1 mysql database in your free account? so I can host my clan website. I am using postnuke portal so I kinda need 1 database.

It is a great feature though for a free host.

MySQL isn't going to be available for the free hosting side for some time now. Maybe this will or won't change in the future. But for the time being, it is not an option.

-bitcerf

Maybe once we get the webmaster management portal piece done, we can focus on the mysql access of some sort... Web companies opening up free accounts and creating unix users and such on the systems will ultimately suffer from security and performance. We are lacking in neither, and never "create" a user on the system. Good luck in your findings, we plan to be around for quite some time.

-bitcerf (sitespun.com)

For the time being and the near future, there are no banner ads.. We do hope to turn some revenue at some level to keep the service decent, and are researching technologies to minimize the appearance and annoyance of the occasional ad. Since there is no place out there we've seen trying to do what we do, I cannot go into much detail how it works as this time.

-bitcerf

Transfer traffic is extensively reported.. If someone puts files on the server which is deemed to be effecting the rest of the users, your files will be removed.... Other than that, no comment...

:)

Originally posted by radioman
Is there anyway you can add 1 mysql database in your free account? so I can host my clan website. I am using postnuke portal so I kinda need 1 database.

It is a great feature though for a free host.

switch over to phpCMS, its a xml/text based DB. and from the look of their main page...fairly like PN. i have never personally tried it though :)

Back