• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sites wont work without www.

ducktape

NLC
NLC
Ok since I have restored XP none of the sites on my server or some other servers wont work unless i type www. first. I own the webservers and I know about the whole dns thing. But the fact is that all the sites on the server worked without the www. prior to the re-install of XP. And my partner can view any site on the server without the www. So that leads me to believe something got changed in my internet options that wont let it work right. Now like a year back when my friend reinstalled XP it did the same to him and it wasnt just our server. And it has been corrected recently when he reinstalled XP. Also everyone else I know they can check out the sites without the www. So that leads me to suspect again its my computer somehow.

check your Proxy settings in the browser. You may need to enable the do not use proxy for local sites option.

Were you able to solve your dilemma? I seem to have had a similar problem twice but now I've reformatted my HDD, the problem seems to have gone. I'm really not sure what was wrong.

Back