• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Simple steps to build website for a beginner.

Hi,
Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?

First off, if you use a web host that has cPanel and Fantastico you will have an easy time creating and managing a web site without much experience as these programs make webmastering easy. Fantastico allows you to install CMS programs like Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal in just a couple of clicks without any experience. CMS stands for "Content Management System". These systems allow you to create a website and publish your own content without an understanding of web programming.

So basically look out for a web host who offers cPanel, Fantastico, Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal.

<html>
<body>
Use some HTML
</body>
</html>

lol, i will add on to that. :p

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>SITE TITLE HERE</title>
<style>
body { margin: 0; font: 10pt arial;}
#wrapper { width: 98px; margin: 0 auto;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper">
Text and html in here
</div>
</body>
</html>

there, a basic start to html and css. :p

@OP, you need to learn how to code man. you can try to build a site in dreamweaver or frontpage all in design view with no coding yourself, but, you will never get a good looking site that way.

Mind me adding more stuff? :p
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
<title>SITE TITLE HERE</title>
<style>
body { margin: 0; font: 10pt arial;}
#wrapper { width: 98px; margin: 0 auto;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper">
<p>Some content and more content</p>
<p>More content in another paragraph</p>
HTML CODE HERE
</div>
</body>
</html>

First download any template and edit the content with urs. Go for any good reg and host like godaddy. Purchase adoamin and also a hosting package then they will send u user name and password use any ftp client or they will send the url for FTP. open in IF with username and password they given to u upload the template file and before upload rename the temp as index.html or index.htm

Well, the obvious answer is obvious. But, I've used something called "BlueVoda" , it's a free website builder, BUT the downside is, you can't export the pages to HTML/CSS after you design the site, you HAVE to buy hosting at BlueVoda in order for it all to work.

RR's original post said as fnixws pointed out 'without programming' so may I submit

1. come up with the design you want on paper.
  2. acquire the domain name you want and find a web host.
  3. submit a request on this forum to hire site designers to do it for you.
  4. pay them to design on the web and upload for you.

No website can be built without someone programming it - be it a cms/wysiwyg/or hard coding.

But if you do not want to program it yourself then pay someone to do it for you.

Just my .02 worth

Last edited:
Theres a crapload of WYSIWYG editors out there.
You can even do it in somthing like Publisher.

Many Web Hosts have some kind sitebuilder apps you can use online.

Just google "WYSIWYG web site builder" and other similar keywords. You should find somthing for your experience level.
This one looks ok, but i havnt actually tried it.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

Back