• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Simple AJAX Proxy site

nigelwong

Hi,

I just recently finished making www.ctrlaltproxy.com and i was wondering if you could give me some feedback, how i could improve it etc.

It currently has a Gmail feature which is a seperate proxy with SSL encryption that allows you to access gmail through a proxy.

The AJAX is the auto-suggest feature on the main proxy page, which suggests from a database from about 50 most popular sites.

Thanks!

Nice website, I hope people give you the support you deserve. And btw how did you learn AJAX?

Thanks,

Ive tried submitting it to Digg but i got accused for the possibility of me logging all their login info (which is absurd through a proxy script)...... Perhaps ill give it one more go later :lol:

I mainly find AJAX scripts already available (Google etc.), then try to understand how they work, and by modifying/adding code i try and achieve what i want.

As i have been suspected of my gmail proxy being a phishing site, i have decided to combine my gmail proxy with my main site proxy. It however, doesnt have javascript, is this a problem to many people? (It also reduces server load).

love the logo and the navigation is truely superb...

for criticism: some of the text is not scalable in MSIE (view > text size > larger > partial results). try using em or % or large/small/larger/smaller instead of px/pt for font sizes. accessibility will be greatly improved this way.

also i'd be a bit scared off before entering my google account details into ur website *lol

Last edited:
Hi,

Part of the site is iframed, because the rotating banner has php header issues. This however, shouldnt be a big problem.

As for the gmail thing, how can i convince people its not a phishing site?

Sorry i didnt quite understand what you meant, but gmail normally gives errors when accessed by a proxy. This can only be fixed through the editing of code in your proxy script to allow it to support gmail.

i meant - if google authorise you to have a log in function to their services from your website, surely they'd create a place within the google site which proves who is authorised for what... to prevent phishing and the likes :spider:

Back