• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Signups Back for Free Unlimited Space/Bandwidth!

...might be one of those "web1000.com" 404's which only some IPs (especially Asians) get to see :(

Originally posted by Mike-Melen
Is there any file size limit? Otherwise warez is going to be stored

File size limit is 5MB
This was put in place to stop people uploading any kind large files not specifically warez

Originally posted by Cracker
Not to mention he's disallowed a lot of file types, including .wav.

Video and audio files of any type are not allowed
Segmented archives are also not allowed such as .z01 .rar .ace

Originally posted by Hrc
cool when i signup, 404.

Where do you get a 404 when you signup?
I have had loads of signups today so it seems to be working and i just tested it

Originally posted by ajz
...might be one of those "web1000.com" 404's which only some IPs (especially Asians) get to see :(

If your ip is blocked you will not get any response from the server at all like it was down not a 404

Originally posted by HostUltra

Video and audio files of any type are not allowed
Segmented archives are also not allowed such as .z01 .rar .ace

Then it's no wonder you can offer unlimited space - nobody can ever use it.

I tried checking out their hosted bulletin board...After being down for 5 days, I just gave up. :rolleyes:

Posted By Cracker

Then it's no wonder you can offer unlimited space - nobody can ever use it.

I aggree with Cracker ... Whats the point of offering unlimited space when the only files you can put up are text, html, and smaller similar files?

If I wanted to put up a website that streams audio from my own local rock group I wouldn't be able to do it since the Host doesn't offer any audio files to be uploaded.

Having free FTP service would have been cool too.

HGW

the server hasnt went down for 3 weeks
it was very slow a bit last week causing dns errors because one of the paid customers was running a buggy cgi script (specifically intellilink pro) which was using 95% of the processor

Originally posted by Homeygwiz

I aggree with Cracker ... Whats the point of offering unlimited space when the only files you can put up are text, html, and smaller similar files?

If I wanted to put up a website that streams audio from my own local rock group I wouldn't be able to do it since the Host doesn't offer any audio files to be uploaded.

Having free FTP service would have been cool too.

HGW

if they allow other types of files, the speed will slow down.
what i think is they should not offer unlimited space and transfer but allow different files types.

Back