• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"Show Desktop"

trenzterra

NLC
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't run the "Show Desktop" thing in the quick launch toolbar(the one to close all windows). Can you tell me what file or DLL file is used to run it? Please help!!!!!

For me it is H:\Documents and Settings\Toefur1\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

So, I suppose for you you just change it to whatever OS and drive and what not you are using...

Originally posted by Toefur
For me it is H:\Documents and Settings\Toefur1\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

So, I suppose for you you just change it to whatever OS and drive and what not you are using...
yes the fileis there, I just don't know what program to use to associate it with.

C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf

Originally posted by Rick
C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf
Yeah I know! I know! I know! I'm fed up now! Yes I know the directory! I know!

GRRR...BUT THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is I don't know what program or file is used to open files with the .scf extension! :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What do you need to associate it with something for?

What I just did was...

I just deleted my link/icon thing from my taskbar, then I went to add a new one.

When it asked for the location of it, I just pasted on what I showed above... and it made the link properly.

Its a good thing I got WinME, coz I just used System Restore and got it back to normal. Thanks all for you help :)

It's a "Windows Explorer Command".

like one of those windows extentions right?

oh--what is the extention for system files? (in the prefs folder, y'know, with "desktop" & "Mouse")

As near as I can tell, .scf files are windows explorer command files... Try opening/associating it with explorer.exe

yeah i accidentaly deleted the show desktop icon once and couldn't recover it, now that sucked

Back