• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ShoutCast

MaxFairbanks

Hey I need a shoutcast host with almost NO DELAY like maybe 1 - 5 seconds delay. I have paypal price is not a problem would like 100 listeners TOPS

A friend of mine is running a pretty good server. Delay will always be an issue, it is dependent of where the server is to where the listener is. You cannot bypas it. Even 1-5 seconds delay is pretty much impossible.

However, demsang is offering any bitrate with any max listeners (your 100 is no probs) for 10$ US/month via paypal. I'll get him and he will post his details further.

Regards,

MaxFairBanks, I'm sure I can help you out there buddy. Every streaming radio does have a few if not a lot of delays due to buffering, rendering, encoding, blah blah blah, you can hear all the stories on shoutcast.com.

However, if you're looking for great service with high quality servers. Let me know, I'm your man.

Thank you.

Last edited:
MaxFairbanks, What bit rate and what price are you looking for? We have an unused server that we plan on offering SHOUTCast on.

We will not be able to charge you $10/month for unlimited everything as it cannot work in our or your favor in the long run.

demsang, how can you offer unlimited slots at any bandwidth? Do you have an unlimited upstream from your server? You could handle 1000 users at 128kbps? Just curious how you can maintain a profit and stable servers with such an offer. There is a fixed amount of bandwidth that your server can pump out.

Bryan

Hi MaxFairbanks,
Novahosts Now Offers Shoutcast Servers Since Our new site release wat sort of bandwidth and bitrate u lookin for also how many listeners are u lookin to have.

i can do u
30 Listers at 24kpbs For $7 a month
30 Listners at 32kbps For $12 a month
30 Listeners at 40kbps For $15 a month
30 Listeners at 56kbps for $20 a month
30 listeners at 64kbps for $30 a month
30 listeners at 128kbps for $50

also We now offer shoutcast Streaming dedicated servers.

Athlon XP 2400+
512MB Ram
80GB Hard Drive
1000GB Transfer
5 IPS
Monthly Fee: $90
Setup: FREE

With Having a dedicated server you can reduce the ammount of delay because its just you on the server :)

We install shoutcast and set it up for you on the ports you request you also have full root acess to the server. all servers are located at theplanet at their datacentre in Dalas Texas.

FOr more information Plz feel free to e-mail us at sales@novahosts.com or you can add us on msn at sales@novahosts.co.uk
Thx,
Novahosts

Last edited:
MadCow said:
MaxFairbanks, What bit rate and what price are you looking for? We have an unused server that we plan on offering SHOUTCast on.

We will not be able to charge you $10/month for unlimited everything as it cannot work in our or your favor in the long run.

demsang, how can you offer unlimited slots at any bandwidth? Do you have an unlimited upstream from your server? You could handle 1000 users at 128kbps? Just curious how you can maintain a profit and stable servers with such an offer. There is a fixed amount of bandwidth that your server can pump out.

Bryan

Notice how he isn't around...

Well, he has been offline a couple days, but the streams are still up. He sets the account with 500 listeners, I don't know if he'll up it if you get higher, but I think he only offers a couple of these..

Regards,

because we have many servers and a great support team we always aim to offer low prices and customer satifaction every time.

I am sorry that he has not been on...anyway, from what I know, he has a really good connection (apparently OC-12) and he uses hardly any of it himself. So, to help pay for it he is letting these go really cheap, though IMO, he could and probably should charge more (might make people judge him a little better)

That's all I know...I have my own stream on his server, so I am pretty good with it.

Regards,

You can have OC92 but still not have unlimited users at 128 bit stream from just one box. There is a phisical limit to what a server can pump out as far as hardware goes.

If he has a 10 Mbps port you can only have 70 listeners at 128kbps, if he had 100 Mbps port you can have about 670 listeners at 128kbps. That is less than 1.5 of his "$10 accounts" so he could make about $15/month on a server. Doesn't add up.

I would stay clear of that "deal".

Bryan

Last edited:
id agree its nearly imposible to offer a shoutcast server for $10 a month i cant do it its just not cost effective i mean i could provide that but the service wouldnt be good quality and one aim of novahosts is to provide a good level of customer service and we hope 2 garentee customer satisfication. first time and everytime

Death Reaper said:
I am sorry that he has not been on...anyway, from what I know, he has a really good connection (apparently OC-12) and he uses hardly any of it himself. So, to help pay for it he is letting these go really cheap, though IMO, he could and probably should charge more (might make people judge him a little better)

That's all I know...I have my own stream on his server, so I am pretty good with it.

Regards,

How is ten dollars per month going to help someone pay for a connection that costs thousands per month, unless you're getting the service for free somehow. Or is this housed at a datacenter?

I do not know, I know only as far as he has told me. So therefore, I will just stop, seeing as you guys don't want to take advantage of the deal. If you want to bash, bash on him, not me.

Regards,

Death Reaper said:
I do not know, I know only as far as he has told me. So therefore, I will just stop, seeing as you guys don't want to take advantage of the deal. If you want to bash, bash on him, not me.

Regards,

No no no...I do want to take advantage of the deal, which is exactly why I want to make sure the source is credible.

Well, I have a stream, he ahsn't been on in a while...which worries me myself as well, but my stream still works..so..

Regards,

Back