• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

shoutcast stats in iframe

oates151

I've setup an iframe for the shoutcast stats i'm using for my website, but i'm having an issue with sizing. The script i'm using is GMTT and is located at: http://camp.sharpertech.net/surge/radio/radio_stats.php - the main site is at http://camp.sharpertech.net/surge/index.php

As you can see from the main site, even after adjusting the size of the iframe to make it bigger, it still is too low. I'm thinking this is an issue on the radio_stats.php page (maybe with spacing). How should I go about trying to fix this?

Thanks much!

-Pat

Hmm.. seems to work for me. with a quick cut paste and test, but try increasing that table width too.

the text is bottom aligned in IE, and middle aligned in FF for me. but, why are you using an iframe man? that is NOT the best way to do that. better with using php include and div's with css.

problem is that when I used PHP include, the page errored out after a 10 seconds or so because the radio_stats.php file refreshed to update the current song, so I assumed iframe would be the best way to do it.

you can just ajax to update just the radio_stats.php file

i am not the best with Ajax, so, i would personally look to krakjoe for a little help there.

lol - yeah, i'm not much of a programmer - I do the basics and such. How should I go about contact him? PM him? I don't want to be a leecher here asking him questions.. :p

just post a question on the programming help section and link this thread and the new one together so he can see what you are wanting to do, and he will tell you the best way to do it. Joe is the resident "best" programmer here, and is almost always willing to help out a bit. if you post there, he will probably answer. good luck man.

Back