• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoutcast/icecast (audio streaming) reseller hosting required

masterbo

Hello,

Reseller-type (to create multiple channels/accounts) shoutcast/icecast hosting is being sought.

I know ain't no such thing as unlimited, so let's talk about something like:

- 32+kbps (voice is mostly streamed)
- 20+ accounts (5+ for a start)
- 2000+ listeners (500+ for a start)
- AutoDJ-like facility (ability to upload audio files and play as requested) with 5+Gb storage space
- 250Gb+ of monthly bandwidth

Since I saw many 'unmetered' plans out there for prices circa 10 USD, let's start with the above price.
If you have video streaming hosting, it would be especially good (that's for future plans).

Demo/trial/testing period would be great to have (for at leat 7 days).

Thanks in advance.

Right because I am afraid no one can afford to provide you shoutcast on shared/reseller server. Normal vps or cloud vps is an ideal solution for your requirements.

why not get a vps with icecast and do what you please?

Sorry, answered wrong thread.
The answer is: every hosting types should be provided by experts.
Handling streaming media server is a work by itself. I just don't have time to handle that myself, as well.

Last edited:
I would suggest taking one of your paid for vps and just getting a standard control panel that doesnt require cpanel, there are some foss ones out there don't waste money on something
that you already have available.

I would suggest taking one of your paid for vps and just getting a standard control panel that doesnt require cpanel, there are some foss ones out there don't waste money on something
that you already have available.

Yes, yes. I can set up every part myself, without additional expenses (talking of money). The problem is, streaming media server requires maintenance as well - I prefer to outsource the task unless I absolutely need to handle it myself.

Back