• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoutcast Control Panel - which is best?

Looks nice but $500 is a bit of an investment as that would be the version required :)

We've had a few comments like this, only to later realize that a lot of folks were confusing our use of the word "clients" with "listeners". :)

The $499 "Unlimited clients" package actually allows you to host unlimited streams, not unlimited listeners -- all of our packages allow for unlimited listeners per stream. The opposite would be a bit of a rip off. :)

We've had a few comments like this, only to later realize that a lot of folks were confusing our use of the word "clients" with "listeners". :)

The $499 "Unlimited clients" package actually allows you to host unlimited streams, not unlimited listeners -- all of our packages allow for unlimited listeners per stream. The opposite would be a bit of a rip off. :)

Didn't confuse the 2 words, I asumed listeners would be set per client and that unlimited clients would be just that :)

Seems that code for a simple efficient control panel for SC is a minefield, trying to balance the amount of admin against cost. Wouldn't it be great is there was one where the client could decide to upgrade their usage and pay the extra fees without even contacting the host. :idea:

It does seem to be a bit difficult to find a perfect solution doesnt it :idea: maybe cpanel will end up doing one ? i think they did for gameservers although that is a bigger market. we could suggest it to them :)

Trying ADJ now and it's not great, script errors and fails to stop services more often than not (thank goodness for killall), talking with Centova at the mo, bit more of an outlay but they seem to know their stuff and business aware :D

500 Internal Server Errors

Decker, Regarding 500 internal server errors, please do the following.

1. Check that the script you execute has permissions of no more than 755. Permissions of 644 are recommended.

2. Check that the directory permissions that the script resides in are set to a maximum of 755. This also includes directories that the script would need to have access too.

3. Check that you do not have a .htaccess file with php_values within it. These values will cause 500 Internal server errors when executing the script.The php_values will need to be removed from your .htaccess file and a php.ini put in its place.

If you are still having problems, feel free to contact our support department and we will take a look at the issue no matter what software you are using.

Last edited:
Went through all that, finally got ADJ working but not to impressed I'm afraid to say, going to try the next one (won't say which one yet ;) ) thanks.

That went well :classic2: easy install and quite reasuringly worked first time, streamed from winamp received in WMP no glitches smooth transitions, once I get the hang of the control panel account part I'll open up a couple of small free ones for you to try out.

Ddin't take this long from last post to install and config, took about 5 minutes once I sat down :)

wait, so which one did you decide on ? anyway, congrats on getting it working:)

Hehe I didn't say on purpose :evilb:

Actually it's Cast Control I'm trying out now, not saying it's my final decision but it seems to work well, the server footprint is small (CPU & RAM) so I'll try and load it up a bit :devious2: and see what happens.

Just chipping in :)

Thanks to those helping out (Dini, Craig..... ah you know who you are) and especially to those who make/supply the software who joined in with help out of the blue. Centova (Centova Cast - been a great help with info on e-mail) & Extreme43 (Just helped in general, even with a rival script) good on you, also shows you pay attention to the web searches any company should do every day to see what people are saying about them :D Gold stars to both.

Don't you just love and feel comforted that FWS is there at times ;)

Well good luck with your shoutcast hosting :)

We search around looking for forums where people have posted with a problem rather than posting in our forums or contacting us. We also hunt around for ideas and "i wish the software could do this" sort of thing, but also for feedback.

Thanks Extreme43, still going through CC so still a probable ;) your work may have not been in vain, still talking with Steve at Centova too but no harm in having a choice for server clients :D

Back