• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should same-sex marriages be made legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
divorces happen in opposite-sex marraige as well, don't they? isn't it, in america, uh.. about either 50% or 33~%?

Just a point on the gene thing, it really isn't important, if someone's gay, they want sexual relationships with people of the same sex. Nothing more nothing less. I don't see that the nature nurture debate is terribly important here, yes to an extent it is a choice, homosexuals have lived as heterosexuals before and they will do in the future, but it is recognised that this has led to unhappy lives suicide etc etc, and in a liberal democracy there is no good reason (excepting religious beliefs, which, by definition will not hold overwhelming sway in a liberal democracy) why people should have to make such a choice.
In terms of urinals, you should probably use a cubical if it bothers you that much.

conkermaniac said:
Finally, by creating a bathroom where all homosexuals are grouped into one defined area, don't you think you're inviting homophobes to attack them and Christian groups to picket their bathroom? We're already having enough problems with straight gangs attacking gay bars, and those are places where gays have strength in numbers. How many gays do you seriously think will be in a bathroom at any one time?

Just curious to know if that was a mistake, or does it mean what I am thinking.

stabme said:
divorces happen in opposite-sex marraige as well, don't they? isn't it, in america, uh.. about either 50% or 33~%?
Yes, that's right. I think divorces are stupid. They are the real threat to the sanctity of marriage.

Just curious to know if that was a mistake, or does it mean what I am thinking.
LOL, it wasn't a mistake, but it's not what you're thinking either. I use "we" a lot when I refer to society as a whole.

conkermaniac said:
Yes, that's right. I think divorces are stupid. They are the real threat to the sanctity of marriage.
they'd probably work out better if people took a personality test (a real one, not one of those crap ones you find on the web by kids with free time on their hands) and found a compatible person for their personaltiy type.

but divorces and separation are also reinforced by the fact that people nowadays into today's society go around in promiscuous sex or multiple relationships, and think leaving is okay to do if things aren't working out. and people don't like working out problems, either. the ease of separation reinforces the idea that divorcing isn't that big of a deal and thusly makes marriage and the whole deal all the less important

stabme said:
but divorces and separation are also reinforced by the fact that people nowadays into today's society go around in promiscuous sex or multiple relationships, and think leaving is okay to do if things aren't working out. and people don't like working out problems, either. the ease of separation reinforces the idea that divorcing isn't that big of a deal and thusly makes marriage and the whole deal all the less important
I agree. Divorces and modern attitudes towards sex are trivializing the concept of marriage. And whether this is a good thing in your eyes or not, the bottom line is that it's weakening the definition of marriage. And yet you've got the thrice-divorced Rush Limbaugh telling others that their marriages will destroy the institution of marriage.

Well, to answer one question. Yes I am very hot. So hot that even straight men are eyeballing me :D Sucks to be so damned hot, so yeah, I have to be paranoid :p

Gays break up all the time. The reason there arent as many gay divorces as straight divorces is pretty obvious "GAY MARRIAGE IS STILL ILLEGAL!" ya dips :p

My first marriage sucked big time. She was very violent and even more short tempered. She was Mexican. After her, I would never date a hispanic chick again. They are pure evil. Seriously! My current wife though (common law), we get along great. Most people cant understand our relationship since we fake fight and pull pranks on each other all the time. One April fools I woke her up in the early morning night screaming "THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!" She jumps up, yells "The Kids!" and takes off running ................ right into a wall. It was hilarious. Just yesterday, she had the hiccups, I scared her but it didnt work. Drinking water and breath holding usually never works either. I went and got her a cold glass of water, told her to sit up in bed. As she reached for the glass, I threw the water in her face. Her hiccups were gone. She laughed all night too. So gay or straight, it's just a matter of finding the right compatibility, I have mine. Dont worry, she pulls her fair share of pranks on me too..... like baby oil on the toilet seat...

As to the two previous posts, I agree. My common law wife wants a real marriage, I feel the only thing it accomplishes is an expensive peice of of paper from the state syaing "Married". In my eyes, we already are. She has my last name, we share bank accounts, have bills in both our names, etc, etc. What else could "actually" getting married accomplish that we dont already have? If you seperate, it doesnt really matter if you are married or not. If there are kids, someone still has to pay child support. Property still has to be legally divided. In Alimony states, you still have to pay that. So what does "married" really mean anymore outside of a religious text. The law has already done a pretty good job of shredding it's very meaning.

Last edited:
Webdude said:
Gays break up all the time. The reason there arent as many gay divorces as straight divorces is pretty obvious "GAY MARRIAGE IS STILL ILLEGAL!" ya dips :p
I think it's safe to say that there are the same amount of people (proportionally) divorcing or separating or leaving each other in heterosexual or opposite-sex relationships or marriages.

the reason there aren't as many 'gay divorces' is simply how to view numbers. numberically, there are way more straight couples than gay couples. proportionally, it's probably well off even. there just isnt any attention to it, so you don't hear about it. just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Webdude said:
Well, to answer one question. Yes I am very hot. So hot that even straight men are eyeballing me :D Sucks to be so damned hot, so yeah, I have to be paranoid :p
It must be that damn mullet.

Haw Haws.

Webdude said:
Looks like you have bigger problems than gays finding you attractive. :shocked2: :biggrin2:

I'm not vain, I'm concieted. Get it right.
I dont have a mullet. Isnt that some sort of old rifle? Wait, thats musket.
As for the men, well, tough. Women only, sorry :p

I cant be bothered to skim through it all... so what are you's talkin about now? gay marriage or someone's mullet?

loggerheads said:
So we know Webdude isn't carrying around 18th century military hardware, but I'm still curious about the haircut.
Er, I was just joking, I'm sure he understood.

A while back, maybe a couple years ago, Webdude posted some photos in which he had one crazy mullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back