• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should I learn PHP?

TRUNKS

Something
NLC
OK... I dont know html. Only like...little bits and pieces. Do you hafta know, or is it easier, if you know html BEFORE trying PHP... or would you say not to bother with PHP because it isnt really that different...errm...............yeeah.

php is server side. HTML is clientside. HTML is used to display php output. HTML is nothing like PHP. i highly recommend you learning HTML first.

Hmmm...what's a good example...

Okay, all my examples are shitty.

Anyways, you have to know HTML before PHP. Otherwise, you won't be able to output anything.

Anyways, you have to know HTML before PHP. Otherwise, you won't be able to output anything.

Actually you can print output. Just by typing print "What string to print"; there would be output "What string to print" on stdout. (This is because php sends html header by default).

Learning html is a good start to create your own pages. This would give you experience and exercises and be potential to increase coding efficiency.

Learning php is a good start to comprehend scripting language and be potential to get in depth the true programming language like C or such.

I reccomend learning simple languages such as javascript and html first, but php can help you do much more things that are interactive...

I recently learnt php, and I think it is simpler than html. But if your looking to develop any scripts in the near future, php is definitely the language to learn.

Back