• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should i learn c++?

Weblife

i am turning 15 in a few days, i am an advanced php & mysql programmer... and i was planning on using these for somewhat of a part time job, but i think that i could make more money programming in c++, plus i am probably going to take computer sciences when i go to university, so i was wondering maybe i should learn it now

anyway

somebody give me they're thoughts

a big part of me tells me just to stay with php for a while.

thanks.

Stay with what you're comfortable with, but don't be afraid to branch out. If you've even the slightest interest in C++, then by all means, go out and explore it, if for no better reason than to gain the experience.

I agree with Dusty. If you're field of study is going to be computer science, than you certainly have nothing to lose by getting head start.

hmm

i forgot to mention the biggest issue here : time

i go to school, play sports, hang with friends, and do more stuff on the internet then just program

i dont know if i have the time to learn an extremely powerful computer language....

i am seriously thinking about it tho

i bought 'sams teach yourself c++'

would this be a good book for me?

you dont have to dedicate your whole life to it at this point. Just treat it as a hobby or an interest.

Sit down with Sam for 30 mins every night, and you'll make progress. doesn;t even have to be 30 mins. even 10 or 15 would do. Just learn a bit every day.

sometimes thats the best way; the knowledge seems to stick with you more.

yeah but if i do that.. hmm

it will be a big change considering i learned advanced php&mysql in like 2-3 months

I started reading that very same book a couple years ago (last year mabe..) and I just can't get through it :confused: I sit infront of it and I just get board, I don't know why... Mabe it's time for a new book for me :D I find Visual Basic much more interesting, mabe its the graphical results I get instead of a black screen... I dunno :D

Originally posted by Weblife
i am turning 15 in a few days, i am an advanced php & mysql programmer... and i was planning on using these for somewhat of a part time job, but i think that i could make more money programming in c++, plus i am probably going to take computer sciences when i go to university, so i was wondering maybe i should learn it now

anyway

somebody give me they're thoughts

a big part of me tells me just to stay with php for a while.

thanks.

go for it! i've got a friend, 14 yo, already made a game, and i helped a bit

thekaoszone.com/skywin

Back