• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should I change from vr9?

agiantdwarf

Hello everyone.

I have my website hosted on vr9.com. I like their features (only a pop-up, cgi, FTP, subdomain, they seem like they could last a while because they only allow people with REAL e-mail adresses, not hotmail or yahoo). But they only give 5 Mb. Currently, I'm only using 300k, but my site is only at it's birth. I believe in a few months I may need to get more space. I want to know if there is a host that seems like it won't shut down in a month, same features, but with more space. It'll be a huge hassle if I have to change hosts when my site is bigger, so I shall ask now.

Thanks,
Elan

Ok

1. Subdomains would be preferable
2. I would like a pop-up ad over a banner. No-ads would be fine too :)
3. CGI prefferable to PHP, but one of them.
4. Enough bandwith to run a fairly simple site, but one that gets up to 1000 visitors a month.
5. 10 Mb plus would be great.

Thanks

ads on members' sites are popups (can be chnaged to banners)
they are owned by a big company, credit card verification is only to stop abuse

Meh, I'll just stick with vr9, they are pretty good. If I need more than 5Mb I'll either change to a payed site, or get rid of some stuff.

Originally posted by roly
ads on members' sites are popups (can be chnaged to banners)
they are owned by a big company, credit card verification is only to stop abuse

Hypermart offers only 500 mb monthly transfer for free. How could someone abuse that (other than signing up multiple accounts)? Also, they're the only free host that does this - nobody else is that picky, because everyone else knows that free should mean free, meaning no CC required. Hypermart also automatically bills you if you go over the limit (at least Geoshitties and Tripoo don't do that - they just shut your site down for the remaining time period), so in a sense, that's not really free (once again, free should mean never having to pay).

Roly, the credit card verification is not to stop abuse, obviously. It's just so that they can charge you if you go over their pathetic bandwidth limit. :rolleyes:

Back