• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shopping Cart

aggiedude

I am trying to find a cheap shopping cart to integrate on a clients website for the purpose of selling only about 5 items. I have discovered Google Checkout's shopping cart and it allows for my client to add items through a Google Spreadsheet which then automatically gets updated on to the online store page through Google code. I really like this idea, I want my client to be able to add items without the need for any coding on his part, however, at such a small amount of items to be put on sale I can not afford to purchase one of the more robust services or solutions. Now, I say I like the Google Checkout option, however, I would much rather use PayPal if possible because Google requires a shopper to set up an account with them while PayPal does not. However, PayPal requires you to copy and paste just a "Add to Cart" button and not the whole store like Google Checkout does. Does anyone know of any free or affordable alternatives for me to use? I have checked out most of the open source solutions like osCommerce and I think that might be a bit too much as well. Thanks for any help in advance!!

I am trying to find a cheap shopping cart to integrate on a clients website for the purpose of selling only about 5 items. I have discovered Google Checkout's shopping cart and it allows for my client to add items through a Google Spreadsheet which then automatically gets updated on to the online store page through Google code. I really like this idea, I want my client to be able to add items without the need for any coding on his part, however, at such a small amount of items to be put on sale I can not afford to purchase one of the more robust services or solutions. Now, I say I like the Google Checkout option, however, I would much rather use PayPal if possible because Google requires a shopper to set up an account with them while PayPal does not. However, PayPal requires you to copy and paste just a "Add to Cart" button and not the whole store like Google Checkout does. Does anyone know of any free or affordable alternatives for me to use? I have checked out most of the open source solutions like osCommerce and I think that might be a bit too much as well. Thanks for any help in advance!!

What is being sold?

The company is a regional hardware integrator for school districts and small corporations. My understanding is that I can expect accessories such as iPad cases to be the primary items for sale. Everything will be a physical product - no services or digital downloads.

Back