• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shared to VPS?

amrmsite

Hello,

I will soon need hosting but in the beginning shared hosting should be enough but later i will need a VPS, Is it easy for a host to upgrade a shared hosting account to a VPS?

I just want to know so i can know if i should just buy a small VPS now or go with shared hosting then upgrade.

You could go eitehr way mate, it depends on the VPS software that the Hosting Comapny has got really, but it would be easy enough to make a backup of your site and just slot it onto a vps, yeh...

f ya wanna know anymore gimme a shout
admin@exilehosting.co.uk

but if you think about it in the long run is it??? Cos your going to be paying say about $10 a month for a good quality host, for a few months and then your gonna switch onto a vps... it could end up a bit tits up if ya get me!!!

Well if you use WHM then you can easily upgrade from a Reseller account to a VPS.

Just order the VPS two days before your Reseller runs out, this gives you two days to either transfer the accounts over using WHM inbuilt server transfer. Also most VPS companies sometimes do this for you for free or a small cost.

However this is not hard to complete, and is quite quick to setup and leave.

Back