• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shame on Canada

Dini

Blitzkrieg Bopin'
NLC
I'm sure most of you people know about the Soccer World Cup (Sub 20) being held in Canada. Well, my country (Chile) clasified to the semi-finals with Argentina. An awesome campaign with no goals against us and our goalkeeper making a world record on this.

Yesterday, we played the match against Argentina. A very unfair match, were the judge gave an evident preference to Argentina (a fact that was even accepted by Argentina during the end of the match). We can't blame Canada for this, but we can blame then for the violence shown against our players. After the match, Toronto's police dept. beated the crap out of our team and some of the staff. Chilean press was unable to film this by action of the police. This was unjustified and very unfair for our country.

Therefore, I declare - as most of my fellow chileans do - that Canada is an extreamly racist country, as they treated us like animals (what they think we are).

I'm looking for press links on both sides, but most of them are in Spanish.

Shame on Canada

Not a glowing report for the maple leaf there Dini, hopefully someone can clear it up and it's a very small minority involved.
I'd hate to think it was a majority or even a substantial minority, of Canada feeling this way and behaving in such a fashion.

By Canadians I'm indeed generalizing, I'm aware of that. But actions like this clearly reflect the behaviour of a country, or a culture.

Not a glowing report for the maple leaf there Dini

I'm sorry, I didin't get that :lol:

Last edited:
Oh, I got it now, though it was some kind of Scottish saying :p shame on me there

Shut it you.

Neither are the french, but when I shout "I hate the french them bastards!" everybody calls me a racist.

Shut it you.

Neither are the french, but when I shout "I hate the french them bastards!" everybody calls me a racist.

Well that just means you have commen sense :p
It's a joke so stfu

Racist means you beleave that your race is superior to others..

It's kinda ironic; by calling Canadians racist you yourself are being a racist.

I consider my self a racist at this moment, mostly because I'd be happy to kill a canadian :angel:

Actually you're right, except for the ironic part. I'm attacking them in a forum, were any canadian can defend himself. They beated the crap out of our team and staff as cowards.

Man, that really made my day. Do you not see the irony in any of what you just said?

Haha I honestly didnt even see your post before I posted mine. If I did I'd probably say something instead like

If there's 2 things in this world I hate, it's people who're intolerant of other people's cultures; and the dutch.

I consider my self a racist at this moment, mostly because I'd be happy to kill a canadian :angel:

Actually you're right, except for the ironic part. I'm attacking them in a forum, were any canadian can defend himself. They beated the crap out of our team and staff as cowards.
A small group of individuals. Not the whole country. What a ridiculous generalization.

You really need to grow up. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

A small group of individuals. Not the whole country. What a ridiculous generalization.

You really need to grow up. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

A small group of individuals being backed up by almost the whole country at this moment. It's seems you don't even have an idea of what happened, so don't judge my posts with that attitude. It seems you could grow up a little too.

A small group of individuals being backed up by almost the whole country at this moment. It's seems you don't even have an idea of what happened, so don't judge my posts with that attitude. It seems you could grow up a little too.
It's really funny. You act as if you were there. You;re doing nothing but listening to hearsay. Of course the media is going to skew what really happened. You're not going to get the real story.

What you're doing is stating the Canadian media as being false and the Chilean media as correct. Based on what?

And let's not forget that FIFA isn;t supporting Chile, so what does that say? I think the officials may have a better idea of what was going on.

It's really funny. You act as if you were there. You;re doing nothing but listening to hearsay. Of course the media is going to skew what really happened. You're not going to get the real story.

What you're doing is stating the Canadian media as being false and the Chilean media as correct. Based on what?

And let's not forget that FIFA isn;t supporting Chile, so what does that say? I think the officials may have a better idea of what was going on.

Of course I just listen to hear say. There are not actual press reports about this from Chile because chilean journalists were kept away from this incident. Afterwards, they even took the film from their cameras. Everything I know is coming from the testimonies of our players and the journalists.

I never said chilean press was right and canadian was false. I just said that chilean press showed facts not shown in the canadian one.

The FIFA isn't supporting Chile, but they had people watching how the police reacted that didin't do anything (according to the testimonies). That's all I have to say about that.

By the way, the president of my country decided to make a complaint against Canada for this actions, so don't think I'm over reacting here.

Except you are. You want to talk facts? Let's talk facts.

You have said the following things:

1. Therefore, I declare - as most of my fellow chileans do - that Canada is an extreamly racist country, as they treated us like animals (what they think we are)

2. By Canadians I'm indeed generalizing, I'm aware of that. But actions like this clearly reflect the behaviour of a country, or a culture.

3. I consider my self a racist at this moment, mostly because I'd be happy to kill a canadian

Actually you're right, except for the ironic part. I'm attacking them in a forum, were any canadian can defend himself. They beated the crap out of our team and staff as cowards

4. A small group of individuals being backed up by almost the whole country at this moment. It's seems you don't even have an idea of what happened, so don't judge my posts with that attitude. It seems you could grow up a little too.

And so forth. Here is what we can conclude, based on these facts.

1. Your scathing words about the shame of another country are defeated and rendered useless when you say you would gladly kill someone from that country.
2. Everything you're hearing is coming from the testimony of clearly angry people with no way to back up what they were saying.
3. Calling an entire country racist on the actions of a few people = ironic.
4. You're making yourself look like an -------.

Now I saw the game, and I saw the footage of what happened, and I've heard all the comments that FIFA has made. I'll agree that the police did not handle the situation as best as they could have, but they were certainly not out of line. You, my friend, need to read up on your current events a little bit more before you go bandying about the "r" word.

Back