• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Several Domains

drunkmule

I'm looking for a server that can give me one account but can have several domains hosted. For exampls have one domain be in the root directory, then have another domain in a subdirectory.

There are two options for multiple domain hosting on
1 account (e.g. you have aaa.com and bbb.com,
aaa.com is your real account, and you want this:
http://bbb.com >>>>>> http://aaa.com/bbb/)

option 1:
domain pointer, this is real redirection, most
webhosts charge an extra fee for this.

option 2:
hidden frame redirection, your bbb.com is fixed on
the address bar and this can be done with 5 lines of
Perl or PHP code (some webhosts do this for free),
just using something like this:
<?php if getenv("HTTP_HOST") == "bbb.com" ... ?>

Laura Harris

You ight like to check out the services of mydomain.com (genreally pretty stable and offer many nice features for free).

Also, there are some people who offer services like this on the board, but I can NEVER remember which they are. :(

Old 3053 eh? How on Earth could I forget it? The only thing about that list is that it doesn't tell you a few crucial things like which hosts offer domain pointers.

I need to get with a few hosts and have them give me a list of the general things people ask for. Things like errrr... domain pointers, and errrr... ummmmmm.... aliased nameservers, and errrrrr... well that's why I need to ask really.

Is there a way that a host can setup a namesserver for me, and have me do it myself? Because I want To have one domain for one site and than have another domain for another site, but i don't want to buy the same package twice.

Originally posted by drunkmule
Is there a way that a host can setup a namesserver for me, and have me do it myself? Because I want To have one domain for one site and than have another domain for another site, but i don't want to buy the same package twice.

I don't know of any webhosting company allows a client to host multiple domains on the same package for the same price. I know it exists, but only a few allow it since they are losing money.

I know you've said that you allow names server. And I have concidered you're site several times, but I want a large amount of different hosts to choose from. I had a nice chat with you, and I beleive you have a great operation going there, I maybe you might see me as a customer someday

We have 3 different packages with domain pointers. One package allows for up the three domains pointers, meaning you can host up to four web sites on the same account.

(quote)
I'm looking for a server that can give me one account but can have several domains hosted. For exampls have one domain be in the root directory, then have another domain in a subdirectory.
(end quote)

1. The URL to the plan.

http://www.bnnetwork.com/hostingpackages.asp

2. The price.

Starting at $4.95 per month.

3. features.

Multiple domain support. Root or sub directories. Fully virtual.

<<MOD EDIT>>
Please do not advertise a script that costs money in the forums.
<</MOD EDIT>>

[Edited by Chicken on 02-20-2001 at 01:06 PM]

Back