• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Setting up Network

horaz

I have problem with my Computer....

Actually, I have nothing to do yet, just make sure this work when I ready to set this up.

In my office, I have computer as a server (Windows XP Pro) with WIRELESS CONNECTION and shared with 7 Computers (as clients) and all connected with HUB (ALL PORT USED).

Then these day, I bought new computer and I need to connect it together to network, but I have no slots to connect it to HUB, I just assume to buy 2 Ethernet card, then plug it in to "Server Computer" and my "New Computer"

Im using Winroute Lite to share Internet, Just want to know it is possible to share internet to new computer -- in this case, New Computer connected as direct link to Server Computer.

SERVER
WIRELESS ETHERNET ----> INTERNET
1st ETHERNET <----> HUB <----> 7 COMPUTER
2nd ETHERNET <----> DIRECT (ethernet 2 ethernet/p2p) <----> NEW COMPUTER

How to setup this all, to make all computer has access to internet, Im not sure, coz Im using WINROUTE LITE to share Internet Access..

Thanks for any help..

Sorry for poor English :)

Can't you just get a bigger hub for it? I haven't tried this way though since I always use a router to connect my network.

Yes...

Just looking around, also trial and error. Then I got a way. Using MAC BRIDGE.
Select both of your network the right click, and choose Bridge this connection. :D

The bad news is. This computer going unsecure, coz I should use ICS.

Uhhmmppphh...

Anyway, thank you for replay :)

Back