• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Setting the record straight about Come2store

NerdCities

Just like to clarify the situation and combat some of the rumors on this board. As som may know I used to host come2store until they were eating too much bandwidth, so two months ago they moved to an unlimited bandwidth server with rackshack ($700 w/setup, 10 mbps unlimited cogent band)

Well things were going great for them until rackshack apparently decided to switch the motherboard in their server. This corrupted the Operating system as they were attempting to migrate two hard drives to a different computer system (big no-no with servers), worst they didn't contact those who run and operate come2store prior to doing this.

60+ gigs were lost in a stupid mishap, and wish I could help further, unfortunately after some talking with both Rackshack and Come2store, it seems the data is unrecoverable.

I imagine come2store will be re-launching once they get a new server, but sadly I fear that other than being able to offer the same user names (they had database backups and still have your email addresses) your data is gone.

Sucks. Think I'll go backup php50 now.

ill upload from the begining, i don't care just as long as they will offer their great service

Mike

Never have liked rackshack.
I've heard far too many horror stories about their support staff.

Originally posted by jmiller
Never have liked rackshack.
I've heard far too many horror stories about their support staff.

Most of those "horror stories" are newbies who have no idea what a dedicated server is and they screw it up and expect rackshack to fix it every time and then they get annoyed because they caused their own server to crash to often

Ive never had any problems with rackshack
and i would reccomend them for anyone who wants a dedicated server

I doubt that rackshack said
oh yeah lets change the motherboard on this server for no reason
they could have done it on the wrong server (i have heard that once before) or come2store requested rackshack to do something that requires that and something went wrong

Last edited:
Myacen's server with RS had a hard drive failure and RS refused to relpace it because they say it was a software issue which it wasn't. :rolleyes:

Personally had dozens of problems, and I assure you I'm no newbie. From them disconnecting my server for no reason to a an unrequested restore, I've seen it all and hey, I'm still a customer with five or six servers ;-)

Back