• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Service Update! Exalted Hosting

Exalted Host

Hello.
I am Chris Allessi II, Owner of Exalted Hosting. Manny of you signed up for you Free hosting about a month and 1/2 ago. The responce to our free hosting was overwhelming. We are sory to those of you who have been waiting to get your free account. We are really nailing the list to set up.

I have hired 3 people to work on our free hosting section. I have one person managing the initial sign up forms, and 2 people setting up accounts. (and one sleepy puppy laying on my foot :p).

We are really whipping through the accounts now, and want to reannounce our free hosting.

If you have not yet, please take a look at www.exaltedhosting.net

Thank You to our loyal users.

Chris Allessi II
Exalted Hosting

Thats good news.... I asked for my account a while ago, and unfortunately I never recieved a reply :(

I think you should just put the transger on 3 gigs, so that you don't have to take requests on more bandwidth.

It would be easier,

but if someone neds more transfer or hits the 1 gig. it will alert us and we will review the site more thurolly, and in theirs no illegal comtent it will be upgraded.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,
nice to see that you have restarted your free hosting service. I have a few questions for you though.. an interview on behalf of FWS.net if you will :p .
1) What sort of banners will you put on the site? I noticed on your site that some of the banners are not of the ordinary.. some involving body piercing, and topics that would not go well on family friendly sites. I wouldnt mind having standard ads for sites, but stuff like body piercing can get kind of controversial

2) Has exalted hosting been around for a while? or is it a startup company? and are you guys fairly profitable in your paid hosting ventures?

3) Where are your servers located? Are they in a datacentre? or do you guys have them in your offices/homes?

Thanks in advance. I also want to note, that i am not at all doubting your level of service, and appreciate the service that you are providing FWS, but am just curious about a few aspects of your service
FlashBang :)

haya

the bannerson the sites are just banners that link to exalted hosting. That is all. seems to be working the best.

Exalted Hosting has been around for 2 yeard, 3 months, and 19 days.

currently, all our hosting servers are located at datacenters around the US. Our backup servers are located on site here.
Because of the cost for running a free serivice, i am planning on gertting an 1.5 megabit up and down either T1 of Business class DSL and put a free hosting server on it, right now, the entire free hosting server of ours is only pulling 10 gigs of data transfer, and that is with over 3000 free sites on it, and an whole 10 gigs storage. Sooo, an servr on a 1.5 megabit line would handle it no problem. I have a Dule Xeon that is just sitting here, with 2X120 gig HD's, so i was thinking of using that.
That would also be more coast effictive than hosting a server that large in a datacenter or colo ing it.

All I have to s right now is thanks, and I wish the keyboard on my laptop wan;tnin japanese

:p

thanks,
Chris Allessi II
Exalteed Hosting

thanks for the prompt reply..
so even if you moved the free server on site, it would not affect the performance any?
also, good to hear about the banners :)
finally, i wish exaltedhosting.net luck in all their further endeavors.

I auctually wasnt planning on moving the current server, since that one will be full with another 500 to 2000 sites.but based on the current stats from that server, i could shove a motherload of soites on a 384kbps dsl line. I have already found a provider who has offwered me 1.5 down and 384 upstream business class, with 5 static ip's for only $60/month. now, that is drastically cheaper than at a datacenter,

So their would be no performance loss. Auctually, i could offer better service because i would have direct access to the server.

Thanls,
Chris Allessi II
Exalted Hosting

Hi Chris,

Back on May 16 you sent me a follow up email for when I asked for hosting. I filled out the form and sent it to the email addy that you said to send the form to in that email on May 19. I never heard back from your account setup team, so just the other day I resent my information along with the original email I had gotten from you. (I sent the info again prior to reading this board.)

I'm just curious if there is a problem with using a sub-domain off xalted (ex. www.transam/xaltedhosting.com) that your setup team never contacted me back? Or are you guys just that backloged at this time?

Thanks for your time.
Wayne

Last edited:
maybe im just stupid or i didnt read anything or maybe the pixie dust is getting to me but i cant find a readme.txt in a *.zip:confused:

pfft... nevermind.. im just stupid.. i like urban_elite.zip

Last edited:
er.. chris,
i think that illusion is implying that you used one of his templates, but you forgot to link back to his site, like it says in the template.. i see that similarities exist between the two templates, but i am still not sure that the exaltedhosting.net template is one of the ones that illusion listed on his site.. :/

I didn't know. I wasn't the person who set up the page in the first place. Granted, I did edit it after it was set up, But I didn't set it up so I didn't know that it belonged to anyone. I will look through our template folder to see if i can find it, but that is all I can say atm.

Chris

er.. kind of an OT thing, but are there 2 different people that are logging on under the exaltedhosting name? their way of posting and their english seems different.. Just wondering,
:)

I'm curious if anyone else here that has signed up for free sub-domain hosting has never hear back from this company after sending their information in?

It's been a little over 3 weeks since I last sent them my personal info that they require for hosting.

I almost think I would have been better off submitting fake information lol.

Originally posted by flashbang
er.. kind of an OT thing, but are there 2 different people that are logging on under the exaltedhosting name? their way of posting and their english seems different.. Just wondering,
:)

Heh, Sorry, Their is only one me. My grammer depends on how tired i am, and what kind of keyboard i'm using. I was on a business trip when i last replayed. I was using my Sony Vaio U3, One of those mini laptops that fits in the palm of your hand. Has mini keyboard, and another downsite, it's all in japanese. and they layout is a bit weird. I wanted to get done with my email quick because i was dialing through my cell phone.

I'm curious if anyone else here that has signed up for free sub-domain hosting has never hear back from this company after sending their information in?

We'l get to yours. I now have 5 people workng on setting up accounts. I should probially get rid of them. THey are being lazy :(

Well, by the look of it. to get through th remaining 2,700 sign ups, i may need another person.

400 accounts have been set up in the past one and 1/2 weeks. So YES, we are working on setting them up. We are auctually having a busness class line run in for hosting the free sites in house. we should be able to get about 3=5 servers on it.

Thanks,
Chris Allessi II
Exalted Hosting

Thanks for the rsponse Chris.

I just figured maybe I was rejected since I never heard back after sending in the info that's requested on the email you send out for hosting.

No Problem.

On another note. We have a new contest going on our site. The prize is a Free Dedicated Server for 6 months. After 6 months, the contest is run again.

The winner may use the server for ANY purposes they desire as long as it's legal.
You may resell the space, use it your self, or give it away free. Anything you wish, you have complete control.

Thanks as always
Chris Allessi II
Exalted Hosting

Back