• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server Needed!

Those are Reseller Hosting, so you would be able to create virtual hosting accounts, whereas
a Virtual Private Server (VPS) is one step above you can create Reseller accounts too.

Thanks Josh!

I´m taking a look aswell at a2b2.com to this:
Celeron 1.7 Ghz 512Mb Ram 80Gb HDD 5 IP's C-Panel $79/mo

Do you think is a good plan?

Most of a2b2's plans are good. Rus is great with support. That is a pretty good deal for the price.

--
Best Regards,
Josh Shrader

It depends how busy your websites would be, especially with a Celeron and you mention MySQL - databases are resources hungry and like lots of memory too, a Celeron would be good for html page websites and a small amount of MySQL usage

Without more information on the websites it is hard to gauge if it would be suitable until you have tried and tested for a week or so

Thanks

You are helping me a lot since this afternoon, you are all brillinat.

I´ll try to explain my self as you know for my writing i´m spanish.

I´m designer with hosting and I´m too vacations agent. I´m making a system for all my other agents, so I get all of them with me, now they are about 200, but afterwords they will be sure about 1000, because other systems are chargin 50 euros for first 3 months and I´m going to give it free for the first 3 months.

Tha websites are about 50 Mb each because they have plenty of information, aswell there is a back office and autoresponder for each of them with mutiple campains. Thay are all networkers so thay are always doing publicity and making lots of visitors (bandwich) so I´m not sure.

I really think that if I make up with a virtual server in a short future time, I probably have problems, and If I get a dedicated server, I´m not too sure that I won´t have problems, because I do not know much about servers.

I´m now working doing our plan in our hosting server and giving our guys their control panel, but i´m not sure if the server is going to be too diff. for me.

So these are my problems, I´ve searched (mexico, argentina, spain and today Us) for 4 days time all day from morning to night, now is 1:40 am in Ibiza and I just a bit going crazy.

can you give me a hand please?.

Aswell we are going to put an ssl 128 Mbit in the new system.

Carlos Guitart

As you are in spain the best place for a server would be in Europe or UK. Europe is a lot cheaper than the UK however you will need to find a provider that speaks Spanish or English, you may find Germany has an amount of cheap providers.

Rackcheck have cheap server prices. This provider is also unmanaged, (unmanaged - you break it you will need to fix it) http://www.rackcheck.com.

If you choose an unmanaged provider I would recommend you choose management from a 3rd party company, you will need to have the server secured first and foremost, then the daily running. (prices range $30-$100 per month or live logged in level 3 tech 24 hours $200-$1000 per month).

Continue to look around, don't go for the cheapest. Also make sure you do a little research on the provider, webhostingtalk.com is a good place. Last of all buy the best you can afford at the time.

many posts :)

Carlos, I want to ask you some questions before giving out the final suggesstion / offer

- how busy are your websites? Can you tell us about your current package? Is it too slow for you? Or the performance is ok, just having trouble with mySQL, Fantastico?

- do you know how to manage a dedicated server? Even with VPS, you still need to have basic knowledge about Linux / FreeBSD (the OS you are running with cPanel). Can you do that?

- your max budget? Dont try to find out $60/month for a full server with cPanel and Fantastico. Otherwise you will get trouble alll the day, or you will need to pay much for extra options like support :)

Try to answer as many details as possible. That will help us to give you what you want
thanks

Last edited:
I took a look at our server and maybe the problems come because this:

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1200MHz
Processor #1 speed: 1202.773 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 256 KB

Ans aswell because this:

Current Memory Usage total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1030680 1017392 13288 0 74636 619012
-/+ buffers/cache: 323744 706936
Swap: 2000368 91852 1908516
Total: 3031048 1109244 1921804

And this:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 5.7G 2.5G 2.9G 47% /
/dev/hda2 5.7G 3.7G 1.8G 68% /var
/dev/hda4 41G 22G 18G 56% /home
none 504M 472K 503M 1% /dev/shm
/home/tmpfs 95M 95M 0 100% /tmp
/dev/tmpMnt 95M 95M 0 100% /tmp

AS I CAN SEE...

I´m not an expert, but this hosting in wich we are has got just a bad hosting, bad server, short memory.. isn´t it?

About those germans, jeje, is a bit diff. for I do not know german.

And you did not answer me well I´m like just the same, sorry, I´m not sure what to look for.....

Thank you.

OK that is a Celeron 1.2Ghz, 1GB RAM and it is using 91MB of Swap, doesn't seem like a memory problem, not much swap being used. You defiantly are slowed right down because your /tmp

/dev/hda1 5.7G 2.5G 2.9G 47% /
/dev/hda2 5.7G 3.7G 1.8G 68% /var
/dev/hda4 41G 22G 18G 56% /home
none 504M 472K 503M 1% /dev/shm
/home/tmpfs 95M 95M 0 100% /tmp
/dev/tmpMnt 95M 95M 0 100% /tmp

Who's the provider and it is a VPS is that correct or reseller account

Our sites are slow, problems with emails, problems with data bases, problems with everything. I have a 100 dominium plan, up to 1000 Mb per plan, 100 subdomains, unlimited email accounts, unlimited Mysql, etc.. typical.

I know my budget isn´t big, but the thing is that I´m really starting with so much traffic and accounts, I´ve never do this before (a system) and for example about the use of a month, not sure maybe 150 Mb per person, now we are taing about 110 Mb each, but we are starting our bussines since 6 months ago like vacations agents.

Thank you, lets see if we can do with this done. I have all my SQL bases broken because the hosting had problems and borke all of them.

carlos

THIS IS OUR PLAN, I WAS WRONG, ONLY 4 GB SPACE

4GB Disc Space totally
40GB Transference
unlimited emai
unlimited mySql
unlimited FTP
100 domains
PHP

I´m between this three, wich of them would you consider the best for me, I´m looking for something bigger of what you told me... I hope this is ok.

http://www.viperhost.us/solutions/reseller/

----------------------------------------------

Celeron 1.7 Ghz 512Mb Ram 80Gb HDD 5 IP's C-Panel $79/mo

http://a2b2.com/index.php?topic=14.15
-----------------------------------------------

256 Mb Ram
30GB Disk (excluding OS)
300Gb Transfer
2 Fixed IPs
Choice of FreeBSD, CentOS, Gentoo, Fedora,RedHat, Debian
Virtuozzo
http://www.a2b2.com/index.php?topic=48.0

£20.00 UK based, add $7.50/mo on top for cPanel

Total £24 per month, 35 Euros
----------------------------------------------------

The reseller is the cheapest and would be the easiest to use, second the VPS and third the dedicated.
It's totally up to you. You will get what you pay for and a2b2 has a good history and will give you plently
of room for expanding. Viperhost.us from reading the about page they have only been around since 2005

I wish you the best of luck

Back