• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server help???

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
Hello I just heard today that my school has three servers but it is only using one of them and my teacher said the guy who was supposed to maintain it is slackin' and taking too long to connect the 3 servers and blah blah .... I don't want to bore you with my story.

Here is what I want
1 I want to know if there are any online tutorials for me ( I've neither had a server nor used one I've only used webhosts from behind my desktop)
2. Is it hard to setup a server and maintain it I think our server already is loaded with the required softwares.
3. Anybody know where I can find a tutorial for Novel?

I'll write more information on what kind of server we have tomorrow when I go back.

Thanks.

From what I know of Novell it not as easy as Apache or other server programs. I would go out and buy the Novell books for your version. Also want are the servers going to be used for? Becuase Novell might not have been a good choice for your needs.

the servers are going to be used for storing student's data. they have accounts for most students that have a computer class and they allow the students to save their information on it.:D

Windows 2000 could be a better choice or MySQL or Orcale since you most probably spent at least $1,000 for Novell. Ya I know windows 2000 might not be the best, but it would be easier to mantain than Novell.

Back