• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

selling a script

realistically? No. The proof of this is the fact that every single popular script has been nulled. You're more likely to irritate your users by stopping them modifying the script they paid for. People like to actually own what they paid for you know:p

Just how much do you want to protect them?
Are you getting enough copies paid/are they popular to make it worth while?

You could encode them in 'bits' leaving the user modification options open. But even that's not totally secure. vB's been nulled everytime that I know of and it ain't cheap and is very popular.

Basically - is it worth you while, or is it a client requirement?

well my friend has some kind of thing where everytime the script is loaded, it checks the domain it was loaded on on his server to ensure it is a license holder... he has a dedicated server because of all the requests lol... but i mean is something like this possible? it checks on every pageload...

well my friend has some kind of thing where everytime the script is loaded, it checks the domain it was loaded on on his server to ensure it is a license holder... he has a dedicated server because of all the requests lol... but i mean is something like this possible? it checks on every pageload...

You've just said it is :) but you'll pay for the overheads, and if it's good enough it'll get nulled to stop it phoning home anyway.
Encryption with a license key requirement that calls back to a server to see if it's valid and that it can be used to activate a script again is probalby the most secure way.

It'll be pricey, ioncube is what you're looking for, with either phpaudit or iono licensing system.

zend.... or use php-lockit xD lol....

either way, it'll be almost sure it becomes nulled... but the good thing it, it doesn't become nulled unless it becomes somewhat popular x_X

I have connections with someone who would let me use their PHP Ioncube or that other one hehe.

It's hard to protect against nulling your script though... take a look at vBulletin! :lol:

don't use zend, it can be decoded easily.
depending on the cost you are selling your script for, use ionCube.
only thing i know of that hasn't been nulled, and wont be for some years is cPanel.

Back