• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Selecting A Host

In what order do you put these factors?

• Support, Uptime, Price, Extra Features

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Support, Uptime, Extra Features, Price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uptime, Support, Price, Extra Features

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Uptime, Support, Extra Features, Prices

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Price, Uptime, Support, Extra Features

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Price, Support, Uptime, Extra Features

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

TJR Networks

NLC
NLC
This poll is targeted more at those trying to find a host rather than those who run a hosting business. In what order do you put support, uptime, price and extra features (ie. over and above CPanel, Fantastico etc) when selecting a web host?

Please feel free to add comments below as well.:)

Last edited:
Obviously you have to remember that this poll is specific to the demographic that posts on this forum so may not represent everyone who is looking for hosting. For example, I would imagine price is going to end up being quite high in this poll compared with what it probably would be if you did a random survey of all website owners. :)

Other:

Price, Support, Extra Features, Uptime

I figure that if their support is as good as I like it, I can tolerate even 97% uptime.

GamePhreak said:
Other:

I figure that if their support is as good as I like it, I can tolerate even 97% uptime.

But if the server is up 5% of the time, but support is always there to give you an excuse, but you paid $5.00/year, that dosen't do you much good, does it? :p

utcrazy said:
But if the server is up 5% of the time, but support is always there to give you an excuse, but you paid $5.00/year, that dosen't do you much good, does it? :p
Well I won't allow 5% uptime! :D If they had that little, then they might be equivalent to.... Richard Nixon. ;)

Interesting. So you would be happier if they could answer all your questions within say 10 minutes and have 22 hours of downtime rather than say about 44 minutes of downtime per month with host that guarantees 99.9% uptime (obviously this wouldn't happen every month) and have to wait up to several hours for tech support to answer your questions?

TJR Networks said:
Interesting. So you would be happier if they could answer all your questions within say 10 minutes and have 22 hours of downtime rather than say about 44 minutes of downtime per month with host that guarantees 99.9% uptime (obviously this wouldn't happen every month) and have to wait up to several hours for tech support to answer your questions?
Yes, but their prices and extra features would have to make it worth it as well.

I would say uptime,support,features,price I guess because I would brather pay more if it is better because better uptime etc means more money from my site's etc. But I don't think anyone should have to do without good everthing but some hosts suck these days lol. But we don't.

I think uptime should come first. If it is there then customers will be happy certainly. Then I think support of hosting companies should be good with fast response time. Support should be included 24/7 tech support, live chat and phone support. Customer will get satisfaction here only. If hosting company provides services with good quality and reliability then hosting company will definitely achieve customer delight. If it all is there then prices and money are the secondary for customers. And IMO, extra features are come in the last that will make good customer relationship with the host.:classic2:

Back