• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Seeking a host for personal music/blog site

bitsmart

Hi FWS,

I've been out of the game for a loooong time (both free webhosting and music) and I want to get back into the swing of things.

Here's what I'm looking for:
-A few gigs of space, 5-10 would be more than enough.
-Bandwidth, a few gigs a month? I dunno, media does eat bandwidth but I'm not streaming video and I don't expect a lot of traffic, at least initially.
-Hosting for my domain bitsmart.org, POP3 would be awesome but not req.
-Site features...some PHP/MySQL action probably for blog scripts and stuff, I'm not up to date on all the cool new modules and gizmos and doodads so go easy on me.

My site will consist of my own music to which I own all rights, and probably some discussion about music production software. Mainly I like to offer my music for direct download, I don't think any music player/streamer sort of thing is essential but it might be nice.

I'll echo the sentiment put forth by others that I don't mind a modest ad or backlink, I like to see revenue for my host so they'll stay in business.

Post2host is not really the thing for me right now I think, so hopefully I can negotiate in other areas. I've been visiting this forum for years, and I have a pretty good handle on the "free deal" so I do feel obligated to give something back.

For a rough idea of my content, visit my moldy old site at: http://z.odi.ac/bm

My new site will be similar, minus the dj mixes.

Glad to see this great community is still going strong,

Thanks in advance.

-Drew

Here is what Revolve3 can offer you:

* We can start you off at 1.5 GB of disk space. If you need more, you can always open a request on the forums. The only reason the request would be denied is if you weren't even close to filling 1.5 GB.
* 100 GB Bandwidth (again, in the event that you need more, simply request)
* We can host your domain
* We offer POP3 & SMTP email
* All of our servers are updated with the latest stable version of PHP 5 and MySQL 5

As long as you own the copyrights to any multimedia uploaded, we have no problems with it.

To see "the works" that is included in our free plan, please see: http://www.revolve3.com/?page=plans

Looking forward to working with you!

SeraphimLabs can do it.

1 Subdomain/domain
1 MySQL Database
5GB/month bandwidth
500MB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP, CGI, Perl
Single Banner Ad

If you need more space I can up it a bit, my server has plenty of room available.
PM or email me to apply.

Last edited:
Paradox Servers can offer you the following:

700MB Disk quota
30GB monthly transfer
Cpanel

Let me know through PM if interested.

Back