• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Securing hidden fields in HTML Form

yinyang

Hi,

I'm using HTML Form to send information of my visitors (Visitor submit this form directly) to destination.com as follow:

<form name="form1" action="http://destination.com/receiver" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="Login" value="My-Username">
<input type="hidden" name="Passwd" value="My-password">
<input type="hidden" name="Cust" value="John Doe">
<input type="hidden" name="Total" value="100">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

But this is very big security issue, since people can use 'View Source' and get my login and username.

How to protect my login and password from being viewable to the world but the form still work ? May be hide it somewhere? Or other method?

Please advice.

Thank you.

What language are you using? most, i know Java does for a fact, have "sessions", After the first time they log in, the servlet will keep track that they are who they ought to be. Its embedied in the session tag, very easy to do, in java anyway.

all this does is creat a cookie or something else (depending on server and user) that lasts as long as the user is on your website.

So you could just create your own cookie, i think that only lasts as long as a user in on the site.

Last edited:
Back