• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SecureDigital + MacBook = Disaster

Paul White

Alright, I have an HP digital camera that takes a secure digital memory card. I never had any problems with it on my old Dell computer. I got my MacBook and the first thing to go wrong was my flash drive. I took it out of the computer and I just couldn't put any files on it.

I later learned that you have to completely eject it on the desktop before you remove it from the computer (you do not need to do this on a PC). I got into a habit of doing this and always did it with my digital camera card. One day I had ejected it and then took it out of the computer and the same thing happened to it that had happened to my flash drive.

Later, I bought a new card that was bigger and more expensive. The same thing happened. Now I am mad and want to keep taking pictures, but this is very discouraging. I cannot keep going out and buying new cards like this. Any suggestions?

(Please don't tell me to go back to my PC :))

Actually you should eject first on a PC too, lost multiple flash memory cards this way....not a clue on the problem though.

A safer alternative, if you are putting the flashcard directly into your PC, is get a FlashSD to USB converter, which has a datachecker built in. Available for $9 at radioshack near me.

Is it still under warranty? If so, do you have a Apple Store near you? If you do, go in and try and schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar. They can help with most anything!

Just eject it/remove hardware like the OS recons you should!

Never understood people that complain it doesn't work like 'they' think it should ;)

It's sensitive so treat it as such, do it the way your meant to :) if you don't it's on your own head.

Back