• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

secure shopping cart question

butty

hello there. for my business i already have a credit card machine which i use in my shop on a day to day basis. is there a script out there that i can use that will create a shopping cart on my website and then email me or notify me somehow of the card number etc so i can put them manually into my credit card machine or is a merchant account etc required?

any help much appreciated. thanking you :)

Hi,

1st thing = NEVER BY EMAIL
Thats the most less secure way to transmit credit card numbers.

A cheap and easy way would be to take an already existant shopping card script, edit it a little, and make it save the credit card info your ROOT directory on your webhost, NOT in the www dir, under it, so it is not web accesible.

If you have the money, you could hire someone to design you a custom script and pay your host for an SSL certificate.

php shopping cart and credit card processing

another option for you will be to sign up with 3rd part credit card processors.

Originally posted by Wojtek
NEVER BY EMAIL
Thats the most less secure way to transmit credit card numbers.

Actually, a lot of e-commerce transactions are processed via "secure e-mail". IMHO, as long as the e-mail communication is PGP encrypted (with atleast a 128bit private key) - its acceptable. But if the volume of transactions is high then a 3rd party payment processor or a payment gateway are recommended.

More on PGP at www.pgpi.com & www.pgp.com

Back