• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Second Monitor/ TV display ?

cococomics

Okay I only just found out today how to do this, but it seems my video card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814164025

supports display on another monitor or on a TV. SO i hooked up the little cable and activated the second monitor thing on the ATI catalyst control center, and my computer screen came up on my TV, but it is in black and white, and also has little lines like the refresh rate doesn't match or something. How can I make it so it will be in color, (and match the refresh rates, if that is what's wrong) or is that possible? My TV in my room (the one I'm talking about) doesn't have HDTV or anything special, it's just a normal TV. Thanks as always for any help!

I know this isn't going to help much but I had a graphics card that did this also. I'm curious to see if anyone has a solution to this. My solution was return the video card and get a different one :)

cococomics said:
Okay I only just found out today how to do this, but it seems my video card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814164025

supports display on another monitor or on a TV. SO i hooked up the little cable and activated the second monitor thing on the ATI catalyst control center, and my computer screen came up on my TV, but it is in black and white, and also has little lines like the refresh rate doesn't match or something. How can I make it so it will be in color, (and match the refresh rates, if that is what's wrong) or is that possible? My TV in my room (the one I'm talking about) doesn't have HDTV or anything special, it's just a normal TV. Thanks as always for any help!
I Had this Same Problem Like a Couple of days ago and I Found out the Computer had set the Tv's Display Settings to PAL and not NTSC so i changed it in the Nvidia Panel. Heres A Tut which might work: Right click on the Desktop>Click Properties> then Settings>Advanced> Right Click on the TV's Picture and Try to set it

I tried it and the advanced window came up under the general tab, and the others had no picture of a TV either. Is there another way to try and switch the PAL and NTSC ?

Well, aside from that (which I think will probably be the fix to your problem) you could also try updateing your video drivers... Who knows that just might work. ;)

- Jaypee

you know if the TV is able to switch modes as well?it may be easier then changing your graphics card

you might also find that most TVs are unable to do refresh rates other than 60

Back