• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Searching Bulletin Boards

zoobie

Mile High Club
NLC
I was wondering why, when searching here or any board, the double quotes won't result in the whole search term. All I get is a bunch of gibberish like I had never used quotes in the first place.
Solution?

I don't use "" for searches, if I know what I am looking for and which forum it is in, I search by that forum, not the whole shebang. If I remember a word was in the title, I search threads with zoobie in the title. If I remember who started the thread, I will search by user name and use the keyword I want in the other field. Then I set it to search by posts - example - username zoobie, keyword weather, search posts - I will then get all the posts by you where you mentioned the word weather without having to go through a 200 page thread where you might have mentioned the word once only.

Make sense? :eek: :p

The forum search isn't Google.

Double quotes won't do anything because it's not querying the database for a string, but rather single terms.

Instead of searching for "best free host", seach for (without the quotes) "best and free and host).

Back