• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search Engine Features?

Woofcat

I've been working on a PHP/MySQL search engine, and I've got the databases designed and all the search code done. But now I'm working on the admin scripts, etc which actually add sites to the database...

First off, what should I use for the site description? The first x characters (with html and other crap parsed out of course) of the page, meta tags, or...?

And how would people prefer sites to be added? Automatic spidering, cron, or should the administrator have to walk through and approve pages? What are some other features that the admin needs?

I think...

There should be an option, like if you press a button:
for the search to go through your whole website and add everything based on META Tags.

And then another button
if you want to add each individual site, title, keyword, etc.

And, since it sounds like you're letting other people add sites, you should have an option if the admin wants it automatically added, or if he wants to wait to approve them.

my $0.000002.

Back