• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

School shootings not isolated to the US!

In our school, A couple of the teachers are really harsh, but it seems like we are _always_ in the wrong, I am not saying I am an angel, but sometimes the teachers gooo way over the top, I'll tell you a story :)p)

We was outside the Design and Technology rooms when a boy in our class kept on mucking out, so we kept telling him to shut up, you know. When the teacher (A male) told him to go and wait by the wall, he refused; so this teacher grabbed him by his hand and pushed him up against the wall (like hard) and the boy told the teacher to f**k off, then the teacher started shouting and grabbed his hand to take him to our Year Tutor, The teacher grabbed his hand so hard thus breaking 2 of the boys fingers, he then run off crying. This boys mother rung up, and nothing happened to the teacher. This is not the first time we have witnessed him do something like this. Some other incidents:

Grabbed a boy and threw him to the floor.
Pushed another boy out of the way, so he could use the computer... and plenty more:angry2:

Originally posted by guitarnerd
You know what I am a teenager, and I can't put up with the crap other teenagers do. THey are irresponsible spoiled, disrespectful kids. Teachers deserve respect, much more than we give them! School is a place you go to learn not to be a little brat. So I guaruntee if you are there to learn you won't have a problem with the teacher.

ROTFLMAO

That's hilarious! You know what happened to me recently? I got kicked out of the library for reading. Actually, I hadn't even opened the book, I was just carrying it in to read. The book was Macbeth and my teacher had a fit, saying, "You know better than to bring books in here!"

Teachers are constantly on power-trips and hold themselves as though they are a hundred times better than the students. This bullshit about "If you want to learn you won't have a problem" is exactly that - BULLSHIT!

Originally posted by Akalon
Err.. shouldn't he be fired or something. :confused2

That is abuse, I think he should be fired also.

Badpenguin, you should report that to the state government perhaps, if the school board won't do anything about it.

It depends on the teachers.

Some teachers are absolute teen-haters, and shouldn't be allowed to be teachers, like my biology teacher last year who screamed at us and called us stupid when we couldn't figure out university-level biochemistry:rolleyes:

But some teachers are fantastic!!! They make it so fun to be at school and learn, and they really care about you.

But I do agree - it's students that are the problem in general, not teachers. Punk --- 15 year olds think it's cool to mouth off someone older, cut class and smoke a fat one :rolleyes: I hate kids. I'll be glad when I grow up :)

Seriously back to the subject, this kid 14? just murdered 17 in cold blood.

Ethical questions have to be raised here.

1 - How was he able to obtain a handgun, and a pump action shotgun

2 - What were his parents doing while he was obtaining these guns/going on a shooting spree. To my understanding when you get expelled from school your parents/guardian are required to attend the school.

Why did he shoot 17 people?, firstly it is his own fault for getting expelled from school. You do something wrong you pay for it. If you get a speeding fine from a police officer, are you going to go ram his car or run him over? No. When at the age of 14 alot of different feelings will pass over you. This child found the easiest way to end his sorrow, and make himself feel better was to kill people in his former school, even though they were innocent. He did not give care about the implications he placed on other families, Germany and the world. He cared for himself and no-one else.

I would find the parents responsible in this case. If they cannot look after their own child serious questions must be asked and these 17 people went down because some 14 year old thought he would heal his wounds by taking out innocent victims. 17 people paid the price and so did this child.

Whenever a school shooting occurs I normally put a lot of the blame on the parents. Sure the kids were bad and probably mentally sick in the head but how the hell did they get guns? Maybe an intimidating police presence would deter kids from going on shooting sprees... like here in Buenos Aires, as I said the Police now carry around assault weapons activated from the Army excess reserve.

I am probably the most snobbish teenager you could find in my school but even I don't mouth of my teachers. All of my teachers are good... especially my economics teacher. He is good at teaching the class, hangs out with us teens (which is a little strange) and always has politically incorrect jokes to tell.

But think about it, the world would be in a far better situation is guns were eliminated completely.

Originally posted by Akalon
But think about it, the world would be in a far better situation is guns were eliminated completely.

Which is completely impossible because of the blackmarket. And authorities would have their butts kicked if they didn't have guns.

Additionally, what about knives? The usage of them in crimes would increase if guns were banned. Ask Britain about that.

Having police officers with guns will not solve the issue - it'll only add to the fire. Besides, what kind of role model are we? having 6 year old kids go to school with police officers walking around with assualt rifles. What we need to do is train our teachers better to notice changes in a students behavior. Education in the U.S. Sucks. Take this for example:

My friend has this habit of waking up late for school and gets to school late almost everday. It's come to a point where if he late anymore, he recieves a detention. BUT if he is absent, nothing happens. So when he's late, he doesn't go to school. Wouldn't you rather your son be LATE to school than not go to school at all?

Education in the U.S. sucks. [Some] teachers believe that they are God and we must respect them when they give no respect back to us. Others feel they don't have to teach, they feel that the homework they assign us will teach us.

The problem in the U.S. is that always put the blame on the parents. It's not only the parents that have lead the kids who do this horrible crimes.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Robert
Having police officers with guns will not solve the issue - it'll only add to the fire. Besides, what kind of role model are we? having 6 year old kids go to school with police officers walking around with assualt rifles. What we need to do is train our teachers better to notice changes in a students behavior. Education in the U.S. Sucks. Take this for example:

Of course we should train the teachers better. But guns should not be banned, as it is a consititutional right in the U.S (the link in my sig says it all). It is not my fault that the police officers here are carrying assault rifles but Argentina is vulnerable to terrorism aswell (Jewish cultural center and Israeli Embassy were bombed by Hamas in the past, and terrorism was rampant in the 1980s)

Education in the U.S. sucks.

Now that I won't dispute. That is why I am supporting President George W. Bush in his education funding increases.

[Some] teachers believe that they are God and we must respect them when they give no respect back to us.

Those types of teachers piss me off too.

The problem in the U.S. is that always put the blame on the parents. It's not only the parents that have lead the kids who do this horrible crimes.

The how the hell did the kids get the guns in the first place? Take Colombine for example, the Police got a warrent to search the kids home and found two sawed off shotguns that the parents didn't even know about. Go FIGURE! I put some blame on the teachers but most of the blame should be on the parents.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

The how the hell did the kids get the guns in the first place? Take Colombine for example, the Police got a warrent to search the kids home and found two sawed off shotguns that the parents didn't even know about. Go FIGURE! I put some blame on the teachers but most of the blame should be on the parents.

I never said ban guns. We have a police officer at our school (all schools in the Miami-Dade County area have 1-2 police officers). They police officers are official police officers, but only work with the school. They are armed.

You cannot put the entire blame on the parents. The two students from Colombine came from good parents. Their parents never taught them that killing someone is the answer. It's everyone's fault. The parents, the school, the students. You're telling me the school didn't know that the students were making fun of them? Weren't there any signs.. ie. the students grades were going down, behavior problems, mood swings. More could have been done.

There are some parents WHO are responsbile. My mom is a teacher and once she called the parents of this student, let's call him Luis since his real name is Luis and she told him that Luis has been misbehaving, not doing his homework, causing trouble and distrubting the class. She said numerous referrals were written on the student and he still continues to misbehave. Do you know what the father told my other? he said.. "listen.. I have to deal with him from 3:40 till the next morning, you deal with him in school. Don't call me.. you're incharge between the school hours". ANd he hung up.

Let's take for example.. a kid who is 18. Let's say he murders 5 people at a shooting at the mall. Let's say his cause was "because he was tired of society". Clearly this shows that this individual has issues and sentencing him to jail isnt the answer. He should have some doctors check him over, but we don't. We don't. We just through them in jail.

Originally posted by Robert

I never said ban guns. We have a police officer at our school (all schools in the Miami-Dade County area have 1-2 police officers). They police officers are official police officers, but only work with the school. They are armed.

There are three - four cops at my school... I already explained how heavily armed they are... but the US probably doesn't want to look like a police state so arming police with assault rifles probably isn't an option in the US.

You cannot put the entire blame on the parents.

I was not.

The parents, the school, the students. You're telling me the school didn't know that the students were making fun of them?

The school probably knew but didn't do anything about it.

Weren't there any signs.. ie. the students grades were going down, behavior problems, mood swings. More could have been done.

But more wasn't. That is the problem. Family values as I said is key. Along with friendship values. Kids need to get friends to talk to and express their feelings to.

Let's take for example.. a kid who is 18. Let's say he murders 5 people at a shooting at the mall. Let's say his cause was "because he was tired of society". Clearly this shows that this individual has issues and sentencing him to jail isnt the answer. He should have some doctors check him over, but we don't. We don't. We just through them in jail.

Of course if anybody murders somebody with intent on their mind (meaning it was not an accident), I propose the death penalty. Sending first or second degree murderers out on the street again is not the answer.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
But more wasn't. That is the problem. Family values as I said is key. Along with friendship values. Kids need to get friends to talk to and express their feelings to.

Sometimes there are very strong family values.

Sometimes the kids have good friends that they can talk to and express their feelings to.

Sometimes, the kids still become ----ed up... just because that's the way they are.

I've seen it before. You get perfect parents; the kids have perfect friends... but still something goes wrong and the kid becomes a violent, immature, psychopathic drug addict.

What's wrong with sending second degree murderers back onto the street? Doesn't second degree mean it was an accident? :confused:

Leave me alone meow! How could I not post in this thread?

Originally posted by Toefur

What's wrong with sending second degree murderers back onto the street? Doesn't second degree mean it was an accident? :confused:
[/COLOR]

The US law says:

1st Degree - Planned Murder (Usually the death penalty is the punishment)
2nd Degree - Unplanned Murder (Like when somebody gets robbed and the robber shoots the person because something goes wrong... 25 - life imprisionment, depends on severeity. I think the death penalty is approriate for this instead of life 25 - life)

Back