• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Scamming Sites And Information!

Please watch out of scamming sites. I've been here for two days, and seen soo many complaints about these idiot people that scam members on this site, scamming isnt funny.

How to avoid people scamming you.

1. There is no such thing as free money, if someone adds you to msn or any other messenger and offers you free money, DO NOT ACCEPT IT, You do not know were they got it from, who they really are.

2. People like OliverHost, are run-down-noobs, hacking paypals and saying that there is such thing as free scripts and programs via paypal is a load of crap.. No such thing will ever exist, if it does they will get in trouble with paypal itself.

3. Some sites may offer you cheap deals, and domains saying that if you pay now you get $50.00 free worth of our products.. I doubt that will work.

I've known some pretty nasty sites over my 13 years of being on the computer {mind me im not 13}. Scamming sites that can scam via paypal,aways make sure its paypal.com.

Paypal or any site like paypal, ebay, and others will not ask you for your password as they can see it in there logs.

Thanks and I hope you all watch out.

Good tips PenguHosting. :)

I think these are also important:

- Always check to see how long the host has been around by running a whois on their domain name, especially if they are offering low budget hosting plans. The longer they have been around the less the risk.

- Never fall for unlimited space or bandwidth, it doesn't exist.

- Always check forums such as FWS, WebHostingTalk, Sitepoint etc to check whether any of the host's customers have had major problems.

- Email a general question to the sales departments of hosts you are considering buying from to test their knowledge and response time.

- Never sign up with a host that uses a Hotmail or GMail email address.

- And most importantly: If a deal looks too good to be true, then chances are that it is.

PenguHosting said:
Please watch out of scamming sites. I've been here for two days, and seen soo many complaints about these idiot people that scam members on this site, scamming isnt funny.

How to avoid people scamming you.

1. There is no such thing as free money, if someone adds you to msn or any other messenger and offers you free money, DO NOT ACCEPT IT, You do not know were they got it from, who they really are.

2. People like OliverHost, are run-down-noobs, hacking paypals and saying that there is such thing as free scripts and programs via paypal is a load of crap.. No such thing will ever exist, if it does they will get in trouble with paypal itself.

3. Some sites may offer you cheap deals, and domains saying that if you pay now you get $50.00 free worth of our products.. I doubt that will work.

I've known some pretty nasty sites over my 13 years of being on the computer {mind me im not 13}. Scamming sites that can scam via paypal,aways make sure its paypal.com.

Paypal or any site like paypal, ebay, and others will not ask you for your password as they can see it in there logs.

Thanks and I hope you all watch out.

I want to also say very well put I was ripped off that way last year where i was buying some software and i payed through paypal and it was but then the compant sent this thing called a verification form that looked like paypal where they wanted my paypal email and my password to log in and they got me. so i agree people please be careful

Wow commended by pro's *feels special* *this is the home for me*

Yep, it's mean to scam people into giving cash, its barbaric! I've lost over 1,000 Pounds to stupid hosts, and scamming + begging noobs.

Heh, life sucks eh? could've used that money to pay for more bandwidth via my site.

PenguHosting said:
Yep, it's mean to scam people into giving cash, its barbaric! I've lost over 1,000 Pounds to stupid hosts, and scamming + begging noobs.

Heh, life sucks eh? could've used that money to pay for more bandwidth via my site.
Wow. That's more than US$1,700. :shocked2: If you had that much money available, why didn't you just select a more established host rather than risk you money with unprofessional, low budget startups? :confused4

I think he lost 1000 pounds over his course of 113 years on the net, so he probably lost a little bit at a time

Tough luck there :|

TJR Networks said:
Good tips PenguHosting. :)

I think these are also important:

- Always check to see how long the host has been around by running a whois on their domain name, especially if they are offering low budget hosting plans. The longer they have been around the less the risk.

I totally disaggre cause everyone starts sometimes and if that making the criteria to not even test them is not a very good idea. Cause no one is born as an adult it takes time to become one.

But ya if a site has only msn or gmail email contact than yaa you need to take precautions.

If you don't trust a site, first make sure a couple of people are working on it. Second talk to your friends, or someone that accutaly is hosted about them. If the people offer you free trials, then they aren't straight in it, and are more safety.

PenguHosting said:
If you don't trust a site, first make sure a couple of people are working on it. Second talk to your friends, or someone that accutaly is hosted about them. If the people offer you free trials, then they aren't straight in it, and are more safety.

Even gmail gives free email so they aren't straight? yahoo msn and so on give free stuff so they are not straight either .

Wrong thinking dude . Free trials offers u to test drvie what your getting involved into and will be paying for.. . Those who dont offer free trials probably end up scamming like venom did .

So ur wrong my freind when u say : "If the people offer you free trials, then they aren't straight in it,"

Last edited:
Yes, I did stuff that up, I mean to say "Free trials on packages, is the way to go. Then you have time to earn more trust with them, if people scam there just stupid and mean to other people.. People like them shouldnt be allowed online the internet at all and should be deleted by their host.

Back