• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Saving images in IE

Akalon

NLC
NLC
Does anybody have a clue why sometimes, more often than not, when I try to save an image in IE, it only allows me to save it as a bitmap?

The most common solution to this problem is to delete your temporary internet files.

Tools/Internet options/(general tab) click "Delete files"

See this link from Microsoft for more information.

Usually that always happens to me when I bring up a page then the internet is disconnected. While the page it is still up, and the net disconeected, I then try to save it. When it is like this all I can save as it BMP.

All I have to do is reconnect and refresh the page I am trying to save from.

type in the file extension together with the name? did u turn on hide extensions for known file types in windows?

Originally posted by Who?
IE is just retarted, when i was using IE6 on win98, it would save .jpg images as .jpeg :/

They're the same file....jpeg and jpg are the same thing.

Originally posted by biggulp
type in the file extension together with the name? did u turn on hide extensions for known file types in windows?
As far as I know, a broken image will show up when opened if it is in the wrong extension

That always happens to me, too. :(
When the Save dialog comes up, it just shows you that the file name is "untitled" right? That's what always happens to me...

Back