• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Saidcom Datacenter Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing the thread is a ridiculous suggestion.

All these people registered on the forum solely for this topic and it closes? I think it'd be a crime against the forum to do such a thing.

And what's wrong with a healthy debate? If one party was losing out and getting "bullied" by the other, perhaps closure could be considered, but when both sides are actively discussing it, as long as things don't get personal it should be fine to continue.

Above all, we need somewhere to talk about the Saidcom situation, compare notes, compare contact, compare given times, etc... if you do close it, at least give us an alternate place to talk about these things. :D

Just keep the CONSTRUCTIVE conversation going, and do not become hostile or flaming of each other. If flaming begins, expect a lock and key. If you act as responsible and reasonable people, it will remain open

Closing the thread is a ridiculous suggestion.

All these people registered on the forum solely for this topic and it closes? I think it'd be a crime against the forum to do such a thing.

And what's wrong with a healthy debate? If one party was losing out and getting "bullied" by the other, perhaps closure could be considered, but when both sides are actively discussing it, as long as things don't get personal it should be fine to continue.
Well I did say in case any poster gets nasty, it wouldn't get closed as long as the debate doesn't transform into something bad as Matt8 had said.

Sucess!!

SUCCESS!!
Matt (MBHoy)-- the 3 way conference call never took place because it didn't have to.

I've been in direct contact with Art, CEO of SaidCom. He has instructed Ron to provision a new IP for my server and allow me access for the purposes of uploading/downloading all relevant data pertinent to (mf) Host and all related domains. The data will promptly (hopefully this very weekend) be moved from Server A (SaidCom) to Server B (Nexcess).

Nexcess has it's own datacenter, and has a 99.9% SLA for network connectivity and electricity output. Here are the specs for the new server (unlike SaidCom, pricing is more expensive, and managed would cost me $110/mo, while unmanaged is $80. I will be taking unmanaged, and see how it goes. The server comes with a free InterWorx CP. I will be purchasing an additional 512MB of RAM to what you see below, for an additional $15/mo):

Celeron 2.66Ghz
512M Memory + 512= 1GB
80GB SATA Drive
Unmanaged
1500 GB Bandwidth

With the increased processing power, hard drive space, bandwidth, and memory all (mf) Host accounts will be receiving a free, and generous upgrade in limitations.

All customers will also be issued a pro-rated refund within a month of us being returned online, based on your payment term and amount of payment. I could not previously do this because invoices are stored on the server, and not locally. Nexcess currently has 3 providers (Level 3, Savvis and MCI) and will be adding a fourth (Cogent) shortly. Needless to say everything with Nexcess is redundant. Hardware replacement is within 2 hours.

I will hopefully have the new IP to the server tomorrow. I hope Patrick and Richard can work something out with SaidCom to get the backups for the rest of the servers soon! (mf) Host was the first (and currently only) to be allowed access to the backups. Good luck Galaxy-Solutions! :)

Good luck there Mark,

The only scare is hosting on an celeron, I never would have recommended however, its a start, best of luck.

Update on (mf) Mark's success: (although this thread seems to have died)

We were allowed the backups, and our own IP and server access, as explained in the post from Mark above.

Each time we reach the scheduled backup download time, Saidcom postpone us further.

So basically to stop Mark nagging they've thrown him a bit more bait, but in reality we probably won't be back on track until the rest of you are. Which seems to be, as this thread and the lack of Saidhost's information suggests, never.

Just emailed Ron. Here's betting it goes unanswered.

This is pissing me off now. Galaxy, just pay up and get the damn backups like that ridiculous Markus guy said?

Why should Galaxy pay for something they shouldnt pay for.

And you know why they need the money to pay for there internet to get a server online, face it you wont get it.

I too was a customer using Galaxy Solutions and after e-mailing Art, I now have access to my server there and even now have my backups.

I too was a customer using Galaxy Solutions and after e-mailing Art, I now have access to my server there and even now have my backups.

Yeah, backups should start rolling out from SaidCom now, I think they have finally come to find that what they first suspected (that we owed them money) was in actual fact, far from the truth.

Yawn. You are funny. Some of you ought consider hosting with us. We are a datacenter. Big difference is now we cannot be dc/d like before and have backup providers. you will not find better prices by a long shot. Things will take off quickly and there will be a limited number of servers alotted.

Last edited:
It was edited. This is the reply I got in my email notification.
MarKus has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Saidcom Datacenter Down? - in the Host Talk forum of FreeWebspace.net Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2183070&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Galaxy host clients.. come host with us.. we'll beat their prices by well over 20%. A few of their customers have and are happy. Plus.. we are a datacenter!

MarKus is one funny guy, I'll give him that.

Trust me, nobody will be hosting with Saidcom now. Merely putting "Saidcom" into Google, as most knowledgeable potential purchasers will do so brings up hundreds/thousands of results about downtime after this episode.

But I'd recommend galaxy-solutions to anyone. They were decent before Saidcom screwed up. I'm staying with (mf) host when they return, I know it wasn't their fault. But they're now being hosted at Nexcess

Fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back