• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RussoWeb opinions...?

Itwasthatwas

Well, if any of you here use or used russoweb, I was wondering what you people thought of it. It sounds to good to be true...

General opinion is that they won't last long.... I think time will tell if thats true.

It sure does sound too good to be true.

I signed up to test there unlimited space service and so far I have not been given ftp access. They seem to be experiencing on going problems with there ftp. They expect you to email them and they will upload the files for you. I would hate for them to see an 40 gig attachement in there inbox, so i havent bothered at all.

Everyone, including me, have said that they will go down real soon. But they seem to have last over a month, which is pretty darn good by today's standards ;)

Yeah they have been up especially that their sign up sheet and FTP has been down for 1 month... ha! I have had a 3MB service myself that is lasting out... so far four or five requests.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Yeah they have been up especially that their sign up sheet and FTP has been down for 1 month... ha! I have had a 3MB service myself that is lasting out... so far four or five requests.
Well, that's probably the reason why you're lasting, because there's no fear of a server overload.

Yeah i dont think russoweb is a good idea. he lists russoweb as one of his "professional" designs. that doesnt say much for him. (neither does his picture) i know its not fair to judge him by is looks.

besides any site that flaunts the fact that it is owned/operated by a minor, let alone a 13 yr old, shouldnt be trusted.

Im sure Mr. Russo is a talented young man, and im sure his future aspirations will be more succesful.

hey
but you know what i've noticed?

younger people here who offer free webhosting are more generous than other older people who offer webhosting

Although older people have a way of making their host last a little longer

About the signup form not working... ace0 previously mentioned that it wasn't functionable, that you'll have to personally email Russo for an account.

Just in case anybody cares.

And yes, younger people tend to be more "generous" because they don't know a lot about e-biz or whatever's related to free hosting. They don't really know the risks, so they offer stuff you normally won't see on those hosting-for-profit type of hosts.

I'm working on the signup form in CGI! perl..

I'm makin the signup form...
just leraned some perl...

Give it a shot!

Re: I'm working on the signup form in CGI! perl..

Originally posted by 10Mbits
I'm makin the signup form...
just leraned some perl...

Give it a shot!

Did it take a month to realize you don't have a signup form?

Back