• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RussoWeb and other unlimted space hosts

rmsharpe

I've got a question for all of the "unlimited" free web space providers and hosts without advertising. How is it possible to maintain a free web host without any visible source of income?

It isn't possible... Every host that offered "unlimited" space and bandwidth didn't last, and most likely won't.

Unfornately, very few host survive, the only So called "unlimited hosts" that survive are Crosswinds and Spaceports, mainly because they have a good, reliable source of income. But all of the other ones, that do offer Unlimited will be dead in the matter of two weeks - three months.

We have no problems!

We have no problems with Russoweb.com, we can pay the bandwith and everything else. Please stop posting this kind of comments..

Torsten

Maybe that's cause you're still very new and unheard of, or maybe you just haven't met any real abusers. I'm telling you, nothing "unlimited" will last for very long.

Even though bandwidth rates are dropping lately, it's still costly, and if you get any abusers or too many users... you'll see.

not even spaceports is unlimited, there limit is somewhere around 1-2GB... as some sites on their server measure up to. However, they have had abuse and have had a lot of trouble for a long time. this Russoweb is unlikely to survive any of that.

for web host, giving "unlimited space" means virtually nothing. bandwidth is the thing that costs.
most sites they take on will be small homepages etc.
the only real way someone can fill up 1-2gb of space is with illegal things, so they can be kicked off.
the unlimited bandwidth or space is a bluff that people can/will never call.

Hint for unlimited webhosts:
I rather sign up for hosts that says 500MB webspace or 1GB webspace than the ones that say unlimited webspace.

Back