• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Running a forum offline on your PC

Well, MAMP/XAMPP/LAMP/WAMP. But if you want to have it accesible from the outside world, you can set it up on your computer quite easily - This from what it looks like tells you everything to set it up [I never read it fully. I know it doesn't do security so you should still Google if you are unsure.] (http://iamtheshadow.blogspot.com/2005/12/set-up-fully-configured-wamp-web.html). MAMP Pro has this setting inside it so it's just a add host/login to dynDNS and you are done.

I will take a look when I get my comp here. I want to try to edit a CMS thingy based on the phpbb, but want to have things set before uploading to a website. Its far faster and easier to edit in note/wordpad with my connection then upload and alter viz cpanel

I downloaded and installed Xampp and worked. I do have to alter a few pages as the code I used for the pages brings it to another part of the comp, but thats not a prob.

Did take a few to figure out how to activate everything but again, it works now and thats the point, thank you all.

Back