• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Runbox

Yeah..

Aside from my ISP, only Runbox' SMTP works for me. I have registered my domain and now I have my own email again... no need to pay $29+ for Runbox!

And to think, domains cost less than $10, and Runbox costs $29+

I am willing to give out 1 free account with @beanbug.net email. You get as much email space as you like and attach up to 10MB of attachment. POP3 and SMTP will be provided to the chosen one.

Please email me your request at: support@beanbug.net

Again, I will only accept 1 account. Btw, I am doing this to test whether my host's SMTP works for other people. It does not work for me though.. that's why I need someone to test it for me... someone from another country.

You just gave me the idea of using my own domain; glomar.net (below10 service) for email. I have 200 emails there and none used. What an idiot I am.

You respect companys that lie? Runbox's main page used to say "email for life". I just dropped my account with this email:

"We realize those who signed up while we were free might feel cheated, but we hope you will understand the need for us to adjust to current economic changes outside our control."

----in oath we're pissed! How could you, without any real notice! I'm possitve your site used to say e-mail for life. Sure I understand your financial situation, I undertsand that this was your plan all along.

How can I trust you now with 30 of my hard earned dollars when dont even keep your word! So, you want a professional product? Maybe you should open your book at chapter and read up on a little thing called ethics.

You can delete my account now.
Thanks for the screw, was it good for you?

I think its justified.
Jonny

Oh, the pop3 domain thing is cool, but who gives away domain hosting an pop accounts these days?
:confused2

They're Reply: Can you spell NO BUSINESS PLAN?

Hi,

This has very little to do with ethics, and everything to do with hard financial realities.
I assure you, we always intended to keep runbox free. Primarily by being a B2B company, and selling email systems to other companies. However, the general situation in the Internet sector has forced us to do make decisions which we never thought we would have to when we started the service. Additionally, offering 100 MB for free is apparently an invitation to abusers (DER! ) , which has caused us myriads of trouble since we started getting waves of new users. But we greatly appreciate all conscientous users such as yourself, and thus we feel terrible about the abrupt changes. This is as regrettable to us as it is to you.

But more and more Internet services are forced to do this as well. It doesn't mean we are greedy or mean, but the bills simply have to be paid... The alternative would be continued problems, no new users - and eventually, no service at all.

Regards,
Runbox Support

My account is still currently up but they say they will all be terminated by the 1st. I'm guessing that maybe 5% will pay.

Jonny

I got myself a new email account.

This one is hardly known at all, but is the only other one that looks decent that has POP3 access.

gcari@parsmail.com

Unfornately it has only 1/10th the space Runbox has, and it has ads. But hey an email service needs to pay for that space somehow.

Originally posted by LastActionHero
why not use yahoo's pop service?

Yahoo is garbage. Come on... my sister tried it and she also switched to runbox (convinced me to).

Sorry, I already signed up and informed people about this change. Maybe once this one closes I look into fastmail.

"You can sign up for free (during preview period)"

And after the review period you pay?

Oh, that parsmail looks dodge... sorry man :)

Jonny

FROM fastmail.fm:

We're looking for people to try it out and give feedback, since it's a new system. So, for the time being, it's free. We are currently trying to determine what our pricing structure for FastMail will be since we never want to use advertising to fund this service. We are currently looking at something along the following lines:

Basic level: Free. 5 Meg quota, no extra future features
Professional level: $5 per month ($20 for 6 months). 25 Meg quota, access to future features (see Coming enhancements)
Advanced level: $10 per month ($40 for 6 months). 100 Meg quota, access to future features (see Coming enhancements), access to better email addresses (use your own domain name; have a short address, etc.)
So if you sign up now, you'll be able to keep your account with a basic level of service after the preview. And it won't cost more than pocket money if you decide you want the more advanced features. Other options we are considering are providing free access to anyone that refers 3 people to the service, or adding a 'Sent by FastMail' type tag to the bottom of emails sent when using the free service.

Oh...
found this one too...
www.mailandnews.com any good? crap url but...

Well I got fastmail.fm going and its not too shab at all. Farkin fast thats for sure. I'd recommend it at the moment, but maybe not tomorow. we'll see

Jonny

Back