• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Run your own free hosting company!

Hi there,

We are pleased to announce our new service has been launched!

Thank you to the hundreds of people who registered and participated in the beta testing of this new and exciting service.

You can now purchase your own free hosting company.

You can view the official home page at:
http://myownfreehost.net/

About the service

The service has been designed specifically for you to run your own free hosting company. On your own domain name.

Customers can sign up for free hosting at your site, and will get a sub-domain off your domain.

For example, you purchase your free hosting company and choose the following domain name:

<MyDomainName>.

Your customers can then sign up for FREE hosting at your home page and will then receive an account with up to a *maximum of 300MB disk space, 10 GB Monthly traffic, with a sub domain like:
CustomerWebsite . <MyDomainName>

Your customers will then have access to a fully featured control panel :

The contol panel allows your customers to add up-to 5 add-on domains, 5 sub domains, manage FTP, email accounts, 7 MySQL databases, automatic installers, and many more great features. All included under your domain name.

Everything is included to allow you to operate your own complete free hosting company, with simplicity.

You can add your own adverts to the 'reseller panel' which will then be automatically placed onto all your customers web pages. Adding your own adverts onto lots of websites is a good money making opportunity.

Take a look at the home page to find out more information.

Adverts

We expect you will add your own Google Adsense adverts (or any other internet advertising companies) into the system.

You earn 100% of all the revenue generated on your customers websites,

Entrepreneurs who want to make good money by running a free host should apply for this unique offer.

Reseller Panel

You are provided a reseller control panel where you can perform the following functions to manage your free hosting company:

1) Mange your customers accounts
2) Suspend / Reactivate account
3) Disable adverts
4) Search by email / username / url.
5) Manage advertising on customers web pages
6) Customize customers default home page
7) Sign up statistics
8) Account usage statistics
9) Integrated support system
10) Many more!

Please visit our home page for more information and to sign up for your own free hosting company.

Click here to find out more information

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards
Byethost Internet Group

This is interesting, but, what about those that already have their own domain name? Is there a way to sign up without having to pay for a domain name through you?

Hi there,

The service is effictivley free, You can not use your own domain name, we require you to purchase a .com .net or .org domain name from us to get the 'your own free hosting company' reseller account.

Due to the specific way we have designed this service, you are able to run your own 'unique' web hosting company and add your own advets to your customers free hosting pages. This is a great opportunity for you to promote your online business and make money!

Best regards
Byethost Internet

We consider such programs to be similar to affiliate programs and that's why. Most of these programs offer the exact same features to all their affiliates so that makes it less valuable for the members of this forum looking for free hosting. Having thousands of these resellers posting the exact same offer (from the same company really) would not benefit this community. We have already removed many such offers and will continue to do so.

See our rules about co-branded free hosts and 1 ad per host per week.

Hi there,

Thanks for the clarification Peo.

We noticed that a large proportion of the free hosting offerings on this website are, for example: free hosting using cPanel X on VPS box as a reseller or similiar using cPanel X/WHM.

These hosting services are exactly the same as the next person with cPanel and some spare space in their server. There is nothing unique about them.

The unique properties of the cPanel WHM free hosting offerings are the following:

1) Different hosting plans
2) A real unique human administering the customers.

The likelyhood of these offerings lasting for a life time is anyones guess. cPanel WHM is not geared towards free hosting. Over-populated / over-sold cPanel servers inevitibally fail, is this good for the FWS comminity?

Regaring our 'your own free hosting company' offering.

We give the freedom for our 'resellers' to customize their hosting plans. It is important for an owner of a free hosting company to be able to offer a unique product. It not an affiliate scheme. This is why we allow our resellers to customise the following aspects of their free hosting offerings:

1) Selectable Disk Space
2) Selectable Monthly Transfer / Bandwidth
3) Selectable Number of MySQL databases.
4) Custom home page
5) Custom support forum.
6) Custom signup emails.
7) Custom control panel design.
8) Disable / Enable banner advertising per account
9) Disable / Enable banner advertising globally (alloing banner free hosting or ad-support hosting)

These are just some of the customizable features of this service which allows our resellers to offers a truly unique free hosting company.

Conclusion

It is of our opinion that each of the resellers are 'as unique' as the cPanel WHM resellers, in some cases even more unique!

We feel that you should embrase the resellers offerings rather than rejecting as this hosting model is only going to grow over the comming years.

FWS will benefit from accomodating these members, in terms of extra members to the forum, linkage and general traffic / awareness to the site. Perhaps a section could be created in the forum for reseller offerings or similiar.

Best regards
Byethost Internet.

Who handles the support issues that customers may have? ByetHost or whoever signs up for the reseller?

Edit: I think I understand it from the "Reseller Support" page. Is there a way to redirect our customer's questions to ByetHost?

Last edited:
It is of our opinion that each of the resellers are 'as unique' as the cPanel WHM resellers, in some cases even more unique!

Thanks for posting your thoughts about this but I'm not buying that one.

Real free hosts own or rent the servers themselves. In your case they (your affiliates) can't even buy the domain name without your involvement. They don't even rent the server, own it or have any control over it if they wanted to move to another host. You own everything and that's why we can't let your affiliates post offers here when we have a fair rule like the 1 ad per host per week rule. If we would allow your affiliates to do that, this would mean that you would get hundreds of ads posted here per week in Free hosting offers. All the other real hosts would only get 1 ad. Not fair and not ok.

Perhaps a section could be created in the forum for reseller offerings or similiar.

A subforum to Free hosting offers where affiliates such as yours can be posted is a remote possibility. I'll discuss it with the other moderators.

A subforum to Free hosting offers where affiliates such as yours can be posted is a remote possibility. I'll discuss it with the other moderators.
Save your fingers, it aint gonna happen ;)

Who handles the support issues that customers may have? ByetHost or whoever signs up for the reseller?

Edit: I think I understand it from the "Reseller Support" page. Is there a way to redirect our customer's questions to ByetHost?

On the front line the reseller handle support, also giving a unique experience to the end users. Any ticket coming into the resellers support system can be passed to byethost by simply clicking the 'Escalate' button in the integrated support system.

We are essentially providing a free virtual hosting infrastructure.

Byethost Internet.

Just shows who wares the trousers in that relationship doesn't it :lol:.

Peo will never bow down, NEVER!!! ahahaha :p.
Heh, it's kinds like a host who has a policy not to accept certain things on his server and someone comes along wanting to be an exception to the policy.
Jan, Peo, Whoever, How are you going to monitor this? Check every free hosts IP?
We have been monitoring and tossing at least 2 threads a day for at least two weeks. Today three have been tossed (just by me). It isn't hard to recognise them ;)

Quote:Originally Posted by Peo
A sub forum to Free hosting offers where affiliates such as yours can be posted is a remote possibility. I'll discuss it with the other moderators.

Reply by Jan :
Save your fingers, it aint gonna happen

We recognize that reseller hosting is a growing sector of the Internet. Customers who subscribe to our service are effectively renting a virtual free hosting company on our large clustered hosting network for 2.99 or 8.88 per year. Much like when you order a VPS (Virtual private server) you do not actually physically own a server, moreover you rent virtual slice of the machine. Each of our virtual free hosts are unique in their right due to the hundreds of customizations we allow and accommodate.

FreeWebSpace.net is a great forum and we love it, however, it is grown to this size by expanding and diversifying, I have seen this forum evolve over the years to its current level of success. This was not achieve by denying genuine traffic and people with interest in the site.....

If you were to create a section in this forum where users of our 'your ow Virtual free hosting company service, and similar re-sold services could post, it would :

Create good relevant content in the forum
Provide relevant information to visitors
Generally generate additional traffic
Open FWS to NEW areas of the hosting industry
Create extra incoming links to FWS
Ultimately generate more revenue from advertising on FWS

Website owners strive to achieve all of the above.

When I previously suggested a reseller section should be opened, Peo said there was a remote possibility ( he understands the enormous benefits obviously )

No actual reason was given for not allowing this great new addition to FWS?

In relation to adding a new section Jan said:

Save your fingers, it aint gonna happen

This is hardly a professional explanation nor is it addressing why the FWS site should ignore the benefits of opening such a section as stated above.

I therefore implore you to reconsider your decision to create reseller section. I only see this being beneficial to FWS - I see no negatives.

Comments would be appreciated !

Best regards
Byethost Internet.

I agree. I understand were FWS is coming from but I think that people like us should have the option to advertise. The community here is great. We all can setup our plans differently and such, which is the reason why I think we should be able to advertise, because my plans are different from other people within the group.

Along with that when we post our plans, what we offer and such its pretty much the same when two other people post the same plan.

I agree - greater cause to support reseller section

We recognize that reseller hosting is a growing sector of the Internet. Customers who subscribe to our service are effectively renting a virtual free hosting company on our large clustered hosting network for 2.99 or 8.88 per year. Much like when you order a VPS (Virtual private server) you do not actually physically own a server, moreover you rent virtual slice of the machine. Each of our virtual free hosts are unique in their right due to the hundreds of customizations we allow and accommodate.

FreeWebSpace.net is a great forum and we love it, however, it is grown to this size by expanding and diversifying, I have seen this forum evolve over the years to its current level of success. This was not achieve by denying genuine traffic and people with interest in the site.....

If you were to create a section in this forum where users of our 'your ow Virtual free hosting company service, and similar re-sold services could post, it would :

Create good relevant content in the forum
Provide relevant information to visitors
Generally generate additional traffic
Open FWS to NEW areas of the hosting industry
Create extra incoming links to FWS
Ultimately generate more revenue from advertising on FWS

Website owners strive to achieve all of the above.

When I previously suggested a reseller section should be opened, Peo said there was a remote possibility ( he understands the enormous benefits obviously )

No actual reason was given for not allowing this great new addition to FWS?

In relation to adding a new section Jan said:

This is hardly a professional explanation nor is it addressing why the FWS site should ignore the benefits of opening such a section as stated above.

I therefore implore you to reconsider your decision to create reseller section. I only see this being beneficial to FWS - I see no negatives.

Comments would be appreciated !

Best regards
Byethost Internet.

Product only gets more popularity and turnover with distribution network. Distribution system will take over the webhosting business very soon. Increasing distribution for a quality hosting service not only will increase reliability but also will take quality of service to next level through pressure building.

Therefore, I believe a seperate reseller section will carry a value into webhosting business.

Thanks.

Back