• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rule Question.

Upload Spot

Hello,

In the free hosting offer forum,
I have a free cpanel host site,
and a Free image hosting site.

Would it be possible to create two threads? As the title would be pretty long if I combined them.

Thanks.

The rules state one ad per week, so you would either need to combine them or create one thread this week and the other one next week.

Jan said:
The rules state one ad per week, so you would either need to combine them or create one thread this week and the other one next week.
The rules are ambiguous. How to interpret them, only one ad per service or one ad per person a week?

I quote the first rule:
1. Only one new thread per week per host allowed
So we have to interpret it as only one ad per host. Could you please clear things out, what is a host?

ClansHost offers two different services on two different domain names. But we have to interpret it as only one host? Shortly said, both roxr and hostmyimage together is one host?

I am confused. :confused4

nitroboy said:
The rules are ambiguous. How to interpret them, only one ad per service or one ad per person a week?

I quote the first rule:
So we have to interpret it as only one ad per host. Could you please clear things out, what is a host?

ClansHost offers two different services on two different domain names. But we have to interpret it as only one host? Shortly said, both roxr and hostmyimage together is one host?

I am confused. :confused4

Clanshost is 1 person. Therefore, only one ad per week by him (per host). And since we don't allow multiple usernames by the same user, he can't signup for two usersnames, one for roxr and one for hostmyimage.

They are both free hosting offers, so they need to be posted in the Free Hosting Offers forum, which is one ad per week. And Mark, where do you get the three weeks? ad1 today/ad2 in 7days :S

This is fair rule and it gives every host the opportunity to advertise their services for free so I dont see what the problem with it is. Given that some boards charges for advertising
I think you should look at it more as a privelege. Like "free hosting" =)

You must have a darned big hand Robert, or you don't look in there. I think I spent an hour there yesterday cleaning out dupes, trips, quads :S

Jan said:
You must have a darned big hand Robert, or you don't look in there. I think I spent an hour there yesterday cleaning out dupes, trips, quads :S

I was told letting you do that keeps your sanity at a normal level? j/k

Robert said:
It says, "Only one new thread per week per host allowed". Not sure what the issue is here. Only a handful of people have posted more than 1 thread in a week, and it was in error. Obviously people understand the rules.
And if one of his employees promote the other service?

Would he be allowed to advertise his free hosting in the free hosting offers forum, and his image hosting in the free services forum at the same time?

Ben-Mr

ben-mr said:
Would he be allowed to advertise his free hosting in the free hosting offers forum, and his image hosting in the free services forum at the same time?

Ben-Mr

Free services forum isn't for posting offers. It's for discussing free services.

nitroboy said:
And if one of his employees promote the other service?

"one of his employees". Which would indicate it's part of the same company, therefore, no, he can't.

I think Robert and Jan have explained this so that anyone should be able to understand it, but if not I'll give it a try too... :p

If it's two companies owned by the same person it is not ok.

Well, I brought this up because I have seen 3-4 people posting two threads, with different hosting titles. (like one free hosting, one image hosting)

Oh well, you can lock this now.

Thanks

Back