• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RSS feader for wordpress

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
What is the best way to set up wordpress, so people can register on my blog to receive an email every time I make a blog post after they have registered?

WordPress has RSS publisher built in. You will find an abundance for RSS publishers (FeedBurner one being there too) or for subscription systems in the plugin store.

Yeah, I just want to add something to the top right (above the categories) where people can put in their name, and email and be added to an email list, so they receive updates anytime I make a post.

As I said, feedburner.google.com . Did you visit that site ?
-Create an account
-Add your feed usually site.com/feed/ or /feed/rss or /feed/atom/
-Get a widget from them with a subscription form
-In your WordPress go to Appearance, Widgets, Add new text widget and in the text box paste the code you got from feedburner.
-Voila, users will type there e-mail address and they will get an e-mail message every time you add a new post.

As I said, feedburner.google.com . Did you visit that site ?
-Create an account
-Add your feed usually site.com/feed/ or /feed/rss or /feed/atom/
-Get a widget from them with a subscription form
-In your WordPress go to Appearance, Widgets, Add new text widget and in the text box paste the code you got from feedburner.
-Voila, users will type there e-mail address and they will get an e-mail message every time you add a new post.

I was replying to one of the other posters.

I signed up last night. However, quick question since you mentioned it...how do I find what the web url is for the feed in wordpress?

Also, I didn't notice anywhere that I could get a widget from their site. Would one from wordpress work, and I just use the url they gave me?

Last edited:
Back