• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rootkit

enthusiast225

Hello i'm new here so please be kind!

I have a rootkit virus on my computer that redirects my google requests to spam sites. Also it opens interent explorer by itself.

I have tried malwarebytes and several other anti-virus programs but nothing has removed it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Some viruses can be removed after clean formation of hard disk. So I would recommend you to format hard disks and install fresh operating system.

Hello i'm new here so please be kind!

I have a rootkit virus on my computer that redirects my google requests to spam sites. Also it opens interent explorer by itself.

I have tried malwarebytes and several other anti-virus programs but nothing has removed it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Do you happen to know the name of it? You seem to know it is a rootkit.

If you're unable to remove it yourself, I'd recommend that you reinstall the OS. Alternatively you may find someone on CrossLoop that could remove it for you, but remember that you'll need to pay.

You can post here, so it's not all redirected.

Try this TDSkiller

Hopefully it might get rid of enough for you to go on and clean it up, Malewarebytes is good but doesn't do rootkits.

ZeroAccess rootkit seems to be about a lot at the moment, which the symptoms sound like - I've got cleaners and stuff for it if you need links to download them after running TDS Killer.

Last edited:
Maybe they have changed your host file. You could change back by clear all the record in hosts file located at: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Hope you could fix it :D

Try ComboxFix. Very effective. Search for the site. I can't put the URL here yet. or go to this site: juntariman(dot)wordpress(dot)com/2010/10/24/d-i-y-combofixing-your-infected-computer/

Back