• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RockAndRant.com

I'm just gonna list a couple recommendations. Feel free to use and/or ignore them as you wish.

Make the font size smaller, it seems quite large right now. And it makes the site seem geared towards 6 year olds. (Just an impression I get)

The table borders don't seem to work well on Mozilla. The borders are nice and thin on IE, but they're thick and ugly in Mozilla. It's not killer, but it does make the site look bad, since the entire site uses this table border.

I would change the rollover colour to something other than red... Perhaps a grey colour perhaps? The change to a bright red doesn't fit in with the colour scheme of the site and it sticks out.

I would put the navigation bar on the top instead of the bottom. I'm going to guess that your site's content is more important than a second link to the forum for example. However, updates might deserve a top position.
Try rethinking the order... Perhaps Updates -> Navigation -> Reviews -> Forum would be a good idea?

Thanks for your suggestions Coolin.

I sort of changed it a lot, and used your suggestions.

Hmm, I guess the font was a little large, especially the headings. Changed...

Okay, I scratched the outset borders. I would test it in Moz, but for some damn reason my Moz install can't seem to connect to the internet...In Opera, the borders looked a bit different than in IE.

Changed the rollover colour.

Moved/Removed all the side navigation thing. I decided I would like to just keep it simple.

So, I changed it quite a bit...not sure if it's for the better. It looks pretty boring now (well, boringer...), still needs quite a bit of work, so I look forward to further suggestions, cause I'm not the best at this stuff...

http://rockandrant.com/index2.html

Back